News on drop downs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on drop downs

Has anyone heard anything about potential drop down help at CB and O line?

My Hawkeyes have some guys announcing that they are leaving, we are entering the period where I would expect w/in the next month-45 days we start to hear news about potential dropdowns. Hoping for a CB or two, along with a D lineman and a couple O-lineman, possibly a linebacker....and a tight end + for Robby to qualify this year. LOL

That being said, I still believe Hauck and staff are worth 1 more win than the previous staff. 8-3 with a trip to the playoffs.

Comment

linemen*

Comment

Just the vibe I am getting, but I am becoming more and more resolved that we won’t be getting that instant help D1 drop down that we had come to expect with Bobby before. Maybe it is tempering of expectations, but I seem to think we might get more help from JC guys at Corner, guys that who might not have been eligible for the first signing period.

If that is the case, this is the time of year that we would hear about those transfers, who needed to get cleared before signing aid.

Comment

If we don't sign some secondary help, we are in for a long season. Right now, our secondary may be the weakest in the entire conference. Can you even FATHOM saying that about a Griz football team? This is the shit-hole that Bob Stitt left us with!

Comment

THe new scheme defensively, will help protect the corners, if it is as people have been suggesting. Those hybrid defenses can help because it becomes a bit more difficult to diagnose and Isolate DB’s in them. They can mask coverages better than a traditional man or cover 2 scheme. Simple things like motion or formation won’t expose it nearly as much. Obviously we need some added depth at corner, but I think the scheme is going to help a bit as well.

From a depth stand point, QB and OL scare me the most. I doubt there is a deep desire to put the season on the shoulders of a HS QB or a RS Fr. There is QB help out there in some form, but it is hard to know where this staff wants to go. The concern for me, at least, is the lack of depth on the OL. With the injury issues to a couple key guys, that group might have to use a true freshmen at OL to help with depth this year. I know there was a discussion about recalibrating the depth of the OL by moving some guys around. If all things work to plan, the group of five or six should be decent, but that second group needs some depth and experience.

Comment

JC or drop down-I don't care as long as they can play.

Iowa has a guy that left the program after being one of the states all time leaders in wins as QB-Ryan Boyle. Fast for a qb-practiced with the wideouts before moving back to QB. Not sure where Boyle went, but could help provide some depth at the QB position.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizfan-24 View Post
                THe new scheme defensively, will help protect the corners, if it is as people have been suggesting. Those hybrid defenses can help because it becomes a bit more difficult to diagnose and Isolate DB’s in them. They can mask coverages better than a traditional man or cover 2 scheme. Simple things like motion or formation won’t expose it nearly as much. Obviously we need some added depth at corner, but I think the scheme is going to help a bit as well.

From a depth stand point, QB and OL scare me the most. I doubt there is a deep desire to put the season on the shoulders of a HS QB or a RS Fr. There is QB help out there in some form, but it is hard to know where this staff wants to go. The concern for me, at least, is the lack of depth on the OL. With the injury issues to a couple key guys, that group might have to use a true freshmen at OL to help with depth this year. I know there was a discussion about recalibrating the depth of the OL by moving some guys around. If all things work to plan, the group of five or six should be decent, but that second group needs some depth and experience.
                Lack of depth at OL...... lack of depth at DB....... but way too many scholarship WRs....... all compliments of Bubble Screen Bob....... yet you continue to support him in post-after-post. You need a reality check if you can't admit that Stitt left this program in worse shape than most will admit, or know too little about the game of football to even understand. I lambasted Stitt for three years for his derelict attention to both defense and special teams, and in wasting too much recruiting capital on WRs. Now, it is apparent to everyone, and has been exposed by Hauck in his pressers.

New defensive schemes are only used to attempt to band-aid a lack of talent.

Comment

Working...
                X