• TOUCHDOWN MONTANA

Click image for larger version

Name:	1butter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1456

not a touchdown

Comment

Of course it wasn't, Curran drops too many balls to ever be on the field. A real coach would put an end to a known quantity. It's gonna happen more often than him catching one.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I said that Curran should b benched over on Egriz, and that JLM runs shitty routes, apparently that's uncalled for lol.

Curran is a known commodity, good for 2-3 drops a game

Comment

Ugh. Just look at how wiiiiiide open Sulser is - unfortunately, it looked like Sneed never looked back his direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeyebowhunter View Post
                I said that Curran should b benched over on Egriz, and that JLM runs shitty routes, apparently that's uncalled for lol.

Curran is a known commodity, good for 2-3 drops a game
                You should know better than to post anything objective on esugar. It is simply not allowed, and grounds for banning.

Of course, I have been posting that Akem should be starting over Curran since fall practice. But, when I first posted that over there, I was slammed by the legion-of-hacks, who now have to lick their wounds after Curran has proven why he shouldn't be playing, and Akem looking like the best WR on the team.

Comment

I think Toure should be right up there as well imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeyebowhunter View Post
                    I think Toure should be right up there as well imo
                    There is no doubt that the WR position is very strong. That is the one thing which Stitt did right. Of course, by investing 20+ schollies on that position, one might expect we could find 3-4 great ones among the masses! I love Toure, Akem, JLM, and Flowers. Flowers is getting the short end of the stick so far. If he got the reps, we would all be lauding him. He is that good. Just too much talent at the WR position to get reps for all of them.

One more comment regarding Flowers. He is the best home run threat among the WRs. But, due to the inability of our O-line to give Sneed time to throw the long ball, as well as Sneed lacking much accuracy on the long pass, it diminishes the value of Flowers in the offense that Rosey has employed. Not knocking this. Rosey has done a great job of designing plays to maximize the strengths of the players he has, and Flowers is not a great fit for this offense. If Flowers played with Gubrud, Cookus, or the Davis QB, he would be scoring some long TD bombs this season, IMO. I hope that Rosey finds a way to get him the ball on deep routes as the season progresses. The dude can fly, and runs good routes. I think we might see a couple of home run TDs from him before the season ends.
                    Last edited by growler; 10-05-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Akem flashed his ability last year in the Idaho St. game. It was obvious that if he cleaned up his routes and used his hands and not his body to catch, he was going to be good. He has enough speed but his size and length make him an obvious possession receiver in the mold of a Michael Irvin proto-type.

Comment

Originally posted by glendivegriz View Post
                        Akem flashed his ability last year in the Idaho St. game. It was obvious that if he cleaned up his routes and used his hands and not his body to catch, he was going to be good. He has enough speed but his size and length make him an obvious possession receiver in the mold of a Michael Irvin proto-type.
                        Yep, he is indeed is that type of receiver. We have another young WR besides Sulser who is a stud, and few even know his name. Roberts is very good, and the coaching staff loves him. There may be even more great young ones. I have never seen so much WR and TE talent on a Griz team before. Wish we could say the same about our defensive backfield.

Comment

Working...
                        X