Reaction versus over-reaction following PSU game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaction versus over-reaction following PSU game

After countless threads and posts over at esugar following the close loss to Portland State, I feel compelled to make an observation.

I hope everyone understands that whether we won or lost the PSU game is not the issue. If that freshman kicker had missed the 52-yard FG, which he makes only about 15-20% of the time, we win the game. If Curran does not fumble, or, if Rosey simply calls a running play instead of a pass to Curran, we win the game. But, so what??? Does one low-percentage FG made, or one stupid play call at the wrong time change the fact that our team played like shit at home against the doormat of the conference, a 26-point underdog? Too many fans live and die by the final result, and forget the total body of work. The fact is, our O-line was owned by PSU, our QB missed many wide-open receivers, we turned the ball over too many times, our WRs dropped too many passes, our coaches took way too long to make adjustments to their flex defense, and were out-coached during the last two minutes of the game.

If the kid misses the FG, the pin heads over at esugar would have ignored all of the above REAL problems, made genius posts stating such things as "a win is a win", or "it was ugly but we still won", or, "glad we got that one out-of-the-way", and moved on to telling us badly we will roll North Dakota next Saturday on our march to the playoffs! One play! One play was the difference between all of the panty scrunching going on over there, and the chest pounding telling how gutsy the win was by our boys that would have occurred if that FG had been missed.

The fact is, we are very young, make way too many mistakes, and have way too many holes in our roster to be a good team this season. I predicted this before the season, and nothing has changed my mind. Stop living and dying by one play, or if we had by eked-out a win over an over-matched bottom-dweller on Homecoming. We are just not a very good football team this season.

Last edited by growler; 10-08-2018, 11:12 AM.

Excellent post. Especially the hypothetical egriz reactions to a sloppy win....This Griz team “is what it is”. But I do feel BH should squeeze out a win or two that Delaney/Stitt would have lost. Yesterday’s game not withstanding....
    Last edited by CV Griz Fan; 10-08-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CV Griz Fan View Post
      Excellent post.
      Thanks CV. You are a poster I respect, not because you often agree with me, but because you do not drink the Kool-Aid and are realistic about our football team, unlike 95% of posters. I love to talk football with people who can be objective. Unfortunately, they are few and far between, and they will not allow such talk over at esugar, where they just ban you for having the audacity to call their sugar-coated bullshit!

Alpha and I don't agree on everything, but both of us have forgotten more about the game than 90% of the pin heads who banned both of us over there.
      Last edited by growler; 10-08-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CV Griz Fan View Post
        Excellent post. Especially the hypothetical egriz reactions to a sloppy win....This Griz team “is what it is”. But I do feel BH should squeeze out a win or two that Delaney/Stitt would have lost. Yesterday’s game not withstanding....
        Perhaps the biggest irony is that, no matter how weak we are, we could STILL BE UNDEFEATED without the coaching mishaps! This just shows how weak our schedule is. The Pig Sty Conference is Eastern Washington, and then the rest of the pretenders, us included. We USED to be the top dog, and everyone else was a pretender. Now, we just wallow among the pack with the rest of 'em.

Comment

It is humorous to read the "prediction thread" at esugar for the North Dakota game. Most of the posters are predicting that we lose that game. But, how many would be predicting a Griz victory if that kid had missed the 52-yard FG??? One play! It was one freakin' play! Does that play change anything about the outcome of the North Dakota game??? LOL

I think we lose the North Dakota game. We have not been a good road team for several years. And, the Fighting Sue beat Sam Houston at their place. That is all I need to know.
          Last edited by growler; 10-08-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X