QB Position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Position

All of the hand-wringing about the formula for returning to national prominence needs to begin with recruiting a better QB. Yeah, we need lots of help at other positions, but without the caliber of QB that we used to put on the field for so many seasons, it ain't gonna happen. We have not had a decent QB since JJ left. Sneed is not the answer, and I hope that Bobby is not too committed to Sneed to just grant him starting status for this season and the next.

If I am Hauck, I would be scouring the FBS rosters for a solid drop-down for next season, as well as recruiting a stud high school QB to develop as a future starter after the drop=down leaves after one or two seasons.

I thought Humphrey really added something. At least he was accurate on downfield throws. Sneed was way off and defenses now know Montana has a bad O-Line, can't run and just have to keep Sneed in the pocket and make him throw long. recipe to beat the Griz

Comment

Originally posted by Putter View Post
      I thought Humphrey really added something. At least he was accurate on downfield throws. Sneed was way off and defenses now know Montana has a bad O-Line, can't run and just have to keep Sneed in the pocket and make him throw long. recipe to beat the Griz
      Yep, we are so easy to defend now by spying Sneed so that he can't run the ball, and playing tight press coverage on the WRs knowing that there is no threat to get beaten deep

Comment

I don't disagree with Sneed not being accurate. My thought has been that coaches new how horrible O-line really was and went with the more mobile QB. With the sieve line, a true pocket passer may not make it to halftime.

Comment

Working...
        X