It Is Worse Than Even You Think!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Is Worse Than Even You Think!

While the pedestrian fans banter about our chances for the FCS playoffs this season, it has hit me just how bad our program has regressed during the last six years. When we were a perennial national powerhouse, there were only 16 teams qualifying for the playoffs, and we were always one of them, and usually got at LEAST one or two home games every season.

And now, there are 50% more teams getting into the playoffs, and we are not one of them! Let that sink in. With the most dramatic recruiting advantages in all of FCS football, we are not even good enough to make the 24-team playoff field! Six years of losing deadens the senses of Griz Nation. But the sobering reality that we are not even good enough to be one of the top four teams in the weak-assed Big Sky Conference, nor are good enough to make even the expanded playoff field as a participation-trophy pretender like the last eight playoff teams will be, is nauseating to me. Engstrom and Haslam should be held accountable..... so why are both still here???

NNo question, the UM football program is in the tank and it will take time to bring the program back to national power status. In my opinion, UM has the right man for the job with Bobby Hauck as coach. It will take him some time ....maybe 5 years, thus, we all need to give him our full support. I agree with you about Engstrom. It’s hard to believe he is still drawing a salary. I don’t agree about Haslam and I think Engstrom created many problems for him which damaged his job performance and likely led to the hiring of Stitt.

Comment

Originally posted by spanky1 View Post
      NNo question, the UM football program is in the tank and it will take time to bring the program back to national power status. In my opinion, UM has the right man for the job with Bobby Hauck as coach. It will take him some time ....maybe 5 years, thus, we all need to give him our full support. I agree with you about Engstrom. It’s hard to believe he is still drawing a salary. I don’t agree about Haslam and I think Engstrom created many problems for him which damaged his job performance and likely led to the hiring of Stitt.
      Engstrom didn't hire Stitt, Haslam did. I don't buy the urban myth that Engstrom pulled the strings to get Stitt the job. Hell, Engstrom knew nothing about sports. He wanted a "high character guy", but Still never had the market cornered on that quality. He just would not allow Hauck to be hired, but IMO that was the extent of his involvement. Haslam owns the Stitt hire.

Comment

Of course, Haslam hired Stitt, but would he have hired Bobby at the time if Engstrom gave it his approval? Certainly, hiring Stitt set the football program back several years.

Comment

Hauck was NOT an option when Stitt was hired. Engstrom made that very, very clear. Trust me.

Comment

Haslam needs to go. He somehow gets a pass from griz fans for hiring Stitt. I don't get it. What organization retains an employee who fucks up that bad??

Comment

Engstrom was retained.

Comment

Engstrom, probably the worst President in UM history is laughing all the way to the bank. A parasite by any standard!

Comment

Not probably. Unquestionably.

Comment

Working...
                  X