Has The Game Passed Hauck By???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has The Game Passed Hauck By???

It has been many years since Bobby Hauck has had a winning record as a head coach. The game has changed and evolved. Maybe today's players are not buying into Bobby's macho trendy "fight-on" mantra bullshit. Looks like Jensen and Favoroso called bullshit on him, and we all blamed them as being soft. But maybe we were wrong, and Bobby has lost this team. My question to you is..... how can a team look as f_cking bad as the Griz have looked against PSU, North Dakota, and now Davis? It should be pretty obvious by now that these kids are not buying what Bobby is selling. Maybe his coaching style doesn't play any longer.

And, how do we explain his special teams? We have all anointed him as a ST genius, and now our special teams have to be among the worst in the Big Sky. Something ain"t right my friends! We can not continue giving Hauck a free pass every week after they lay another egg! I realize that Stitt did not leave him much..... but, hell, even the bottom dwellers like N. CO. and S. Utah never take the horse-flogging that our Griz have endured the past couple of weeks. We had an off-week to get healthy and get back on track, and this is the f_cking result???
    Last edited by growler; 10-27-2018, 07:56 PM.

Hauck takes over teams and maintains them. Its what he does. He has never had to build a team and when given the chance he fails like at UNLV and currently at UM

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
      It has been many years since Bobby Hauck has had a winning record as a head coach. The game has changed and evolved. Maybe today's players are not buying into Bobby's macho trendy "fight-on" mantra bullshit. Looks like Jensen and Favoroso called bullshit on him, and we all blamed them as being soft. But maybe we were wrong, and Bobby has lost this team. My question to you is..... how can a team look as f_cking bad as the Griz have looked against PSU, North Dakota, and now Davis? It should be pretty obvious by now that these kids are not buying what Bobby is selling. Maybe his coaching style doesn't play any longer.

And, how do we explain his special teams? We have all anointed him as a ST genius, and now our special teams have to be among the worst in the Big Sky. Something ain"t right my friends! We can not continue giving Hauck a free pass every week after they lay another egg! I realize that Stitt did not leave him much..... but, hell, even the bottom dwellers like N. CO. and S. Utah never take the horse-flogging that our Griz have endured the past couple of weeks. We had an off-week to get healthy and get back on track, and this is the f_cking result???
      It certainly doesn’t help Bobby’s cause to come in and have a worse record than Bubble Screen Bob. I don’t care how bad the talent is. Hauck’s special teams were steller at SDSU so I just can’t figure that part out. Has the game passed him by? I really don’t know but this is the friggin’ FCS for Christ’s sake. Didn’t Coastal Carolina have a Wall Street guy turn that program around? There’s certainly reasons for concerns but BH has to be better than BS right? Maroon Blood has ripped the OL for a few years. I know that’s a big part of Hauck’s program. We’ll see....,

Comment

Since I didn't see the game yesterday, I can't really comment on the specifics as to what happened. But, it sure looks like the team quit on Hauck in the second half, after Davis tied it at 21-all. Instead of taking the challenge, and scoring again, they just rolled-over and allowed David to treat them like a bunch of bottom-dwelling losers, all on our home field.

It is really a mystery to me how badly our program has regressed. Seriously, it is way worse than any reasonable person can fathom, with the recruiting advantages we enjoy. Look around the Big Sky..... at their ridiculous stadiums..... at the 3,000-6,000 fans they play in front of during home games, and then compare that to what we have here at Montana. How in the f_ck, then, can any of them compete with us? Yet, they not only compete, they currently make us look foolish. It will not get any better this season. We may not win another game. In my opinion, this team has quit on Hauck.

Comment

You might be right. Maybe they did quit, however, we just don’t have the overall talent to compete against a team like Davis. This is especially true on the OL where there is little talent.

Comment

Originally posted by spanky1 View Post
            You might be right. Maybe they did quit, however, we just don’t have the overall talent to compete against a team like Davis. This is especially true on the OL where there is little talent.
            And whose fault is that?

Comment

As I have said all along. 2-3 years away, at least. And I would guess at least 1 coordinator change.

Comment

Since I didn't see the Davis game, I have to make these comments based upon posts I have read about that game stating that Hauck took the foot off the gas in the second half, and tried "not to lose" by nursing that 21-3 lead. If in-fact that occurred, why would it surprise anyone??? That was Hauck's strategy in every game when he was here before, and was one of my major criticisms of him then. I hate that pussy-assed way of coaching! Bobby likes to come-off publicly like a bad-ass coach, who is very demanding of his players and will not tolerate any softness from them. However, his coaching style doesn't support his narrative. Any coach who takes his foot off the gas with a lead in the second half is weak-assed, in my opinion. I can remember many games in his first tenure where we were owning the opposition in the first half, and bobby allowed them to get back into the game trying to play "not to lose". It was almost always successful then, but we were so lucky in so many games to eke-out a win.

Comment

Working...
                X