2019 Talent and Returning Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Talent and Returning Players

All year I have complained about the lack of talent on the roster and zero depth. It showed up in many games this season and will again next year.

We need a minimum of 7 drop downs or Juco players along with out regular recruiting class and that still wont make up for the lack of talent on this team. The only sure things for next year is Sneed, Eastwood, Akem, Sulser, Sims, Olson and Calhoun. Calhoun will 100% be back next season unless he lied today. Hes a way different guy than his quitter brother.

EVERY OTHER POSITION SHOULD BE OPEN

We especially need help at safety and it would be good to grab a dropdown CB that could either start or help at nickle

Both OL and DL need complete overhauls to even remain partially competitive next season. We have nobody at LT RT I am willing to try Hart and Ganoung at the guard positions but even those two could be replaced by drop downs or JuCos. We have hot garbage at Center so we need a legit starter and some depth because nothing on our roster is worth a damn....just place holders. See how Kanouse comes along over the spring and summer he has good feet but still need depth.

DL has Sims and not much else. Definitely need a pass rusher at DE because we dont have one currently. I would be willing to see how Rodriguez and Deming look in spring ball but even if they pan out we need depth.

LBs should be solid but need to find a replacement for Buss (O'Connell?)

Safety, sucks needs starters and depth need legit DI players here its been a decade since we had serviceable players at either safety position.

QB - Dalton Sneed
    RB - Adam Eastwood
    WR - Samuel Akem
    WR - Malik Flowers
    WR - Jerry Louie-McGee & Gabe Sulser
    TE - Bryson Deming
    LT - ????? Transfers
    RT - ????? Transfer
    LG - Tyler Ganoung
    RG - Dallas Hart
    C - ????? Transfers

DE - Braydon Deming
    DE - Randy Rodriguez
    DL - Jesse Sims
    Nose - ????? Transfers
    LB - Dante Olson
    LB - Jace Lewis
    FS - ????? Transfers
    S1 - Gavin Robertson
    S2 - Michael McGinnis
    CB - Justin Calhoun
    CB - Dareon Nash .
    NICKEL - ????? Transfers

Kicker - Semenza

Punter - Ferguson??

Next year is going to be really fucking rough to deal with unless Hauck pulls off some serious moves to get talent here on DL and OL.

McGinness kid showed some signs as a player. see how he develops at safety. Has some speed and is a taller kid than we have had recently.

Comment

So I’m guessing Sandry was officially over-hyped? Damn you friggin’ egriz....

Comment

Those idiots hype every player and can't be honest with themselves. They also are incredibly shitty judges of talent.

They knocked Sulser because of his size. That is another thing I will give Hauck credit for, he plays the best guys, the play makers. Sulser is the best WR we have hands down no debate.

Comment

Offensive line is a given. Defensive line needs a total over haul. We could not generate a pass rush without blitzing to save our butts. Big part of the secondary problem could have been somewhat masked had we been able to rush anyone without exposing them. Another Egriz falsehood from beginning of the year was that the D line was solid.

Comment

Re: The Defensive Line

I think some of the output or the lack of, can be placed more on the scheme than on personnel. I think the personnel allotment says a lot about what they expected of each position. The DE-DT-NT trio of Tilleman, Sims and Shaw tells me they wanted something entirely different out of the three down lineman. This isn't a classic 40 front scheme and wasn't deployed that way all year. Rather it appeared to me as a 30 scheme that you might see more in a 3-4 or a 3-3 scheme than what you might see in a 40 and more specifically a 4-3 or 4-2. As such, I think that altered how they addressed pass rush in primary pass situations. As much as they twisted, stunted and dropped guys, the DL was asked more to wear blockers in pass situations than getting to the quarterback.

Maybe that was a product of the talent, I don't know, but going forward it is going to be interesting to see what the long term look of the DL is going to be. To me it suggests a 30 concept more than a true 40 that we are used to seeing. If that is the case, we might a see a continued evolution on how Baer wants to get after the quarterback. Less traditional pin your ears back DE play and more focus on stunts, fronts and multiple looks.

There are depth issues. Rodriguez is positioned to take over at the strong end, and RJ Nelson is the heir apparent at the stand up position. I don't know if Nagler is going to be ready for fall. Deming played a bit of both DE and DT, and would think he might be able to push Rodriguez at DE. I think there is a need to find some continued depth at DT/NT.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizfan-24 View Post
              Re: The Defensive Line

I think some of the output or the lack of, can be placed more on the scheme than on personnel. I think the personnel allotment says a lot about what they expected of each position. The DE-DT-NT trio of Tilleman, Sims and Shaw tells me they wanted something entirely different out of the three down lineman. This isn't a classic 40 front scheme and wasn't deployed that way all year. Rather it appeared to me as a 30 scheme that you might see more in a 3-4 or a 3-3 scheme than what you might see in a 40 and more specifically a 4-3 or 4-2. As such, I think that altered how they addressed pass rush in primary pass situations. As much as they twisted, stunted and dropped guys, the DL was asked more to wear blockers in pass situations than getting to the quarterback.

Maybe that was a product of the talent, I don't know, but going forward it is going to be interesting to see what the long term look of the DL is going to be. To me it suggests a 30 concept more than a true 40 that we are used to seeing. If that is the case, we might a see a continued evolution on how Baer wants to get after the quarterback. Less traditional pin your ears back DE play and more focus on stunts, fronts and multiple looks.

There are depth issues. Rodriguez is positioned to take over at the strong end, and RJ Nelson is the heir apparent at the stand up position. I don't know if Nagler is going to be ready for fall. Deming played a bit of both DE and DT, and would think he might be able to push Rodriguez at DE. I think there is a need to find some continued depth at DT/NT.
              I thought Baer had told everyone he was only here for 1 season. Has that changed?

Comment

My understanding is that he would be amenable to returning, but I really don't know. I am just going with the assumption that he'll return. He definitely did a decent job this year. Defense was solid.

Comment

Working...
                X