Sac State game questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sac State game questions?

Do we have enough defense to stop Thompson, Dotson and Gable?

The skill players the Hornets have really possess the ability to spread out a defense and make big plays. They are very balanced and you are picking your poison trying to shut just one part of their offense down. This game might be the biggest test so far this season.

I am working on some stuff, but I think this defense without going into absurd is better suited to slow down Sac State. I think certain personnel help and being talented at SS/FS/WS helps because it gives Baer some positional and alignment flexibility. I think that played out in the Cal Davis game, because they were absolutely able to put the clamps on UCD’s running game. I think Dotson is the scariest back in the conference and he does so much as a receiver and as a runner. He is a matchup nightmare in the same way that David Johnson is for Arizona. I’ll be interested to see how they defend Dotson.

Comment

Good insight, thanks for sharing.

I am very interested to see how Montana State defends Dotson. The only player they have that can match his skill set and play consistent defense on him might be Troy Anderson.

Comment

Grizfan24 is spot on when he says "smoke and mirrors" when it comes to MSU's offense. When you have 3 QB's and a LB taking snaps you don't have a QB The difference between this game and the Northern Az game is that Sac St defense isn't going to fold the way the Lumberjacks did.

Old School and Grizfan24 are right about Dotson he is a scary talented RB/WR he is having a huge game so far and MUS doesn't have an answer for him yet.

Comment

Working...
        X