Pease

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pease

I talked to Brent last week and he was railing on how soft this teams players are and how they are in for a rude awakening. I then was forced to hear some colorful language that would melt some snowflakes. I can't wait to hear my friend yelling across the field again, its going to bring back some damn good memories and toughness Montana teams have lacked lately.

Welcome back

How is it productive for a coach who has had trouble at the last 3 stops to come into a new position with that attitude?

Comment

I like the hire, we need swagger

Comment

Originally posted by Family Griz View Post
        How is it productive for a coach who has had trouble at the last 3 stops to come into a new position with that attitude?
        If it wasn’t true it wouldn’t be productive. However, it is true so...

Comment

Huge fan of bringing Pease in. Florida has been a mess since Urban left, and UTEP is garbage. Last time I checked, he coaches football not interpretive dance. As long as he can motivate the guys, which I believe he will, this will be a homerun hire imo

Comment

Remember that Pease coached here when we were a great team. Players in that era learned to accept his coaching style. Coddling these players and trying to be their friend like Stitt did never works.

Comment

Pease is attitudinally a hot mess. Just ask anyone who worked with him at BSU and UW. There were reasons why he was let go there. The problem isnt coaching talent at all, it is him personally. I do believe he'd be the first to admit that as well. He wants to be in a winning program, and this isn't necessarily about rebuilding his credibility. From ability wise he should be coaching in a power 5 program. You are getting a Power 5 coordinator talent with him. Not a bad combo with Rosy IMHO. If they work well this should mean some good things for the offense.

Comment

The softness of this team and particularly the WR's is exactly why Pease was brought in.

Comment

Originally posted by griz5700 View Post
                  The softness of this team and particularly the WR's is exactly why Pease was brought in.
                  Just becuase he has a history of temper tantrums and thinks that this team is soft doesn't guarantee that he will instill more toughness in the position group. He's largely failed everywhere he's been. I'm certainly glad that he isn't our OC.

I'm not saying that he won't succeed here, I'm actually a fan of the hire. I think being a position group coach should help ground him in what has been a turbulent career. Hopefully Hauck and Rosy whip him into shape while he coaches up our WR's....which were pretty underwhelming these last 2 years.

Comment

You dudes whining about how tough he is on the kids obviously weren't around Billy Cockhill much when he was OC here......

These players today are coddled way too much, and a good dose of holding them accountable with toughness will only make them play to their ability.

Comment

Yes Cockhill was a bit of a monster attitudinally. I think, from what I know, Pease in years past could be his equal. Here is the thing about Pease, from a player perspective while I think he can wear on people, but they also know that he has his poop in a group and knows his stuff. He’s gotten opportunities because coaches know what he brings to the table as an offensive mind. I can’t speak to his tenure beyond UW, but there is no question between Rosy and Pease you have a rather large and impressive CV when it comes to offensive understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by brewskis View Post

Just becuase he has a history of temper tantrums and thinks that this team is soft doesn't guarantee that he will instill more toughness in the position group. He's largely failed everywhere he's been. I'm certainly glad that he isn't our OC.

I'm not saying that he won't succeed here, I'm actually a fan of the hire. I think being a position group coach should help ground him in what has been a turbulent career. Hopefully Hauck and Rosy whip him into shape while he coaches up our WR's....which were pretty underwhelming these last 2 years.
                        No it doesn't guarantee that they will be tougher. But it will definitely help weed out the weak links..probably before spring ball starts. GET EM OUTTA HERE.

Comment

So from what I am hearing if you are laughing on the sidelines after you fumble, you may not like this hire?

Comment

Working...
                          X