2018 Expectations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Expectations

Expectations are extremely low. Not without reason for being so. But I’m not one to collapse in tears. I believe in my Griz. They will do better than most folks dream. I declare them to be a stealth team. Winning games they have no business winning. And that is just the beginning. Sure, that will be a surprise to say the least. But boy oh boy when they win the BSC. That wont be as far as they go. They will get in the playoffs, though. Stealth Griz are going to make some noise. There, you have it, I’ve gone out on a limb. A maroon fire is lit and burning hot. Griz Nation, stealth Griz is what we got. Get ready for a season you never expected. For a team generally not respected by opposing teams and some of our own fan base

9-2 and win at least one playoff game

Comment

Frankly, I have a couple of concerns about the team Bobby inherited. The first is the defense, particularly the DBs. The second is our lack of depth at many key positions. Depth was a Hallmark of our great teams of the past, and I just don't think we have it yet on the current roster. There will be injuries, like always, and the ability to replace a starter with a solid player is critical. Bobby will build depth in time, but not sure it is there this season.

I think we could go anywhere from 6-5 to 8-3.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
        Frankly, I have a couple of concerns about the team Bobby inherited. The first is the defense, particularly the DBs. The second is our lack of depth at many key positions. Depth was a Hallmark of our great teams of the past, and I just don't think we have it yet on the current roster. There will be injuries, like always, and the ability to replace a starter with a solid player is critical. Bobby will build depth in time, but not sure it is there this season.

I think we could go anywhere from 6-5 to 8-3.
        Agreed. I am hoping they are looking for some help in the secondary either with a JC or drop down to be named later. Because right now it is a major area of concern.

Comment

A very young team returns next season and with the coaching change its going to take a little time to gel. My hope is 7-4 and we make the playoffs

Comment

8-3 or 9-2 now that we have a good head coach! Brick by brick we will #RTD

Comment

Looks like a lot of optimism came with the hiring of Hauck. Griz lost some great players to graduation so who do we have to fill their shoes? Secondary is weak and very few bodies to even compete for playing time. I wish I was as confident as some of you. My heart wants to say 8-3 but my gut says 6-5

Comment

We're a short few months from seeing stittheads proclaimed "great" recruits on the field. Better coching is always going to help. Hopefully the guy on the LOS are all they've been hyped up to be

Comment

Working...
                X