Montana Talent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana Talent

I know there are various opinions on this subject and I can only go by what my friends and I talk about over beers.

Lately the subject of talent on the roster has been a reoccurring subject. This next season is pointing towards a real let down unless we can get some positions upgraded. My friends think we need a different breed of player.and that flipping the roster can't happen fast enough.

Here are the positions I think are in worse shape than I can ever remember at Montana
    RB
    OL
    CB
    S
    I want to add QB here because we really only have 2 QBs on the roster with any chance of playing and I am not totally sold on Jensen being a great one. Hes on his way to good but we need an upgrade at that position more than anyone on the field. We need a real leader that can become an elite QB in the FCS. Other teams get them, MSU has had 3 very good QB's in the last 8 years. Montana hasn't had one in a long time. Somebody needs to be next man up.

RB, OL, CB and Safety are all open positions, we have nothing coming back or ready to step up. CB is going to kill us this season even with drop downs.

I know I am concerned about the positions you listed. We have two QB's with a lot of talent learning a completely new system so it won't be a surprise to see the offense start out behind the defense. Secondary is a mess and will take a miracle to get players here in the next couple years to make it stable. I see a step back before we move forward

Comment

PURGE

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
        I know there are various opinions on this subject and I can only go by what my friends and I talk about over beers.

Lately the subject of talent on the roster has been a reoccurring subject. This next season is pointing towards a real let down unless we can get some positions upgraded. My friends think we need a different breed of player.and that flipping the roster can't happen fast enough.
        You had me right here, we need to return to dominance and get back to a roster quality that is was and should be Montana football!

Comment

Originally posted by griz5700 View Post
          PURGE
          Yes please

Comment

Working...
          X