How Far We Have Slipped

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Far We Have Slipped

As the pundits evaluate prospects prior to the upcoming NFL draft, it is revealing to look at how far our football program has slipped under Stitt in producing players that the NFL is actually interested in, either as draft choices or as free agents. During the glory years, we annually had several outgoing seniors who were either drafted, or signed as free agents. I remember one year under Hauck where we had 8 kids who signed either with the NFL or CFL.

Looking at the departing players from the 2017 team, I can not predict a single player good enough to sign with a professional team. Our lack of talent was also reflected in the All-Big Sky teams as chosen by the coaches. Where we used to dominate these every year, it is hard to find our kids on the first three units. Shows just how far we have fallen.

Question is whether it's a talent issue or a development issue. Sure it's both but we have seen the high motor kids coming out like we were seeing in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by glendivegriz View Post
      Question is whether it's a talent issue or a development issue. Sure it's both but we have seen the high motor kids coming out like we were seeing in the past.
      IMO, its 80% lack of talent, and 20% coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post

I'm hoping it's the other way around, and that all of stittball's rabid fanbase were correct in their assessment of his recruiting prowess. We are about to find out here in about 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post

I fear you are closer than people want to believe. There is not a lot of talent on the current team, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. Jensen is average, our best running is Lee, and nothing stands out on the OL or at WR. Hauck may have made the TE position the most complete and talented squad on the offensive side of the ball and he moved QB's, LB's and WR's there to make it solid. That tells you how low the talent level is and that we have little to no depth.

Defense has Buss, Shaw and Sims, everything else is a crap shoot. No proven players, young and not deep. Secondary is the worst I have seen in my over 50 years of watching the Griz. Coach Hauck really has his work cut out for him this time.

Comment

I will just comment that under Hauck and his coaches, the players will get the proper coaching they need to develop the talent they have.

Comment

Originally posted by spanky1 View Post
              I will just comment that under Hauck and his coaches, the players will get the proper coaching they need to develop the talent they have.
              Agreed. And the discipline

Comment

Working...
              X