Message Board Discussion About Spring Practices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Board Discussion About Spring Practices

Apparently the coaches are upset about the posting of details on message boards about what is happening during practices. They are threatening to close practices if it doesn't stop.

Please! How hard would it be for any opposing team to have an individual attend a couple of practices and report what he saw back to his coaching staff? Seems like Paranoia from the Griz staff. And, even though practices were supposedly closed last year under Stitt to everyone other than QB Club members, I attended three practices by just walking in. There was nobody to check my credentials or anything. If an opponent wants info on the Griz, it is not hard to obtain no matter whether practice is closed or not.

Just like banning guns will never stop shootings, or making drugs illegal will never stop drug use, closing practices will never stop info leaks.

Typical coach stuff. My guess is they are more concerned about the injury status stuff. Probably don't like the calling out of some players by name for getting chewed on by coaches either. Remember the crap that use to go on between Darrel Royal and Barry Switzer back in the seventies.

Comment

Sucks we can't get reports, but then again...the only reports were coming from maroon colored sucrose laden glasses so what kind of report were we really getting anyways? Outside of school girl 3rd period gossip about player X getting chewed out.

I'm not sure about anybody else, but even my middle school football coach chewed someone's ass on an hourly, if not 10 minute increment basis.

That's the one downside to being a Griz, along with a diehard Iowa Hawkeye. I can get all of the Hawk news I could read on a daily basis due to better and more reporting. Just must not be the $ or interest there in FCS ball, which makes sense from a pure numbers standpoint.

Honestly, I'm glad this is even an issue-the flip side being we have to listen and speculate as to the wonder of side show bob's newest potent offense coming up in the new season.

Comment

Hey UM, problem isn’t Griz fans, problem is UM. Your cry baby bullshit is nauseating.

Trashing your fan base when Wa-Griz is half full and enrollment is at 9,000 is a curious move. Good luck with that.

Comment

Like I said elsewhere, from a coaches perspective it really isn't about x's and o's it is about personnel, injuries/health, and culture stuff.

You'd be amazed what college coaches are paranoid about and the list is far more extensive and ventures into some really, really weird places. Most aren't, but there are some really on the edge of insanity control freaks in the college game. Listened to a coach in Vegas talk about a colleague who refused to save his play books on computers for the fear that it would be stolen. Like deep state conspiracy shit.

I just don't think it is much to ask to follow the no social media rule. Better than having no access.

Comment

I see the ass clown Playa Rape is doing his typical blathering in defending every criminal action that has ever occurred around a Griz athlete. All this while reminding us for the 967th time about him "playing the game". Could there be a more nauseating piece of scat than this self-absorbed ambulance-chaser? Here is the drivel he posted about Trumaine Johnson. Note that he blames Alpha "and others" for causing poor wittle Trumaine from having a warm and fuzzy feeling about Missoula and UM. What a crock! These thugs masquerading as football players love to play the blame game after they commit multiple actions in which the police have to get involved. PR somehow believes that having some freakin' attorney plea bargain an offense down makes that offense simply disappear like it never happened! Just like the DUI which "went away" like a puff of fresh air! Utter bullshit!

Let's get this straight........ Trumaine commits multiple crimes, then gets pissed when the community "disses him" for committing these crimes??? You do the act......you own the act! Typical blame game going on in America these days. Commit a crime, but blame society for committing it!

"I could see Tru making a donation at some point. He liked it in Missoula, and made many good friends, but it's also true that way too many people dissed him unfairly. Alpha was one of the biggest dicks to him. Borderline racist.

Accused by jerks like Alpha of gang signs on field. The cops abused him in the taser incident. Dissed over the taser incident (which ended up as a nolo plea to disorderly conduct). Dissed over the later dui (which went away). Lots of crap written on him in the Kaimin and Missoulian. Engstrom tried to get O'Day to ban him from working out in the UM facilities after his senior (fall) season. O'Day refused.

I can see how Tru doesn't have warm fuzzies about UM.

I always liked the guy. Liked his mom. She is very pretty and classy.

Knew he was very talented, but didn't realize how much.

He was and is a very supportive teammate. I know you never-played-the-gamers wouldn't understand."
            Last edited by growler; 03-17-2018, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
              I see the ass clown Playa Rape is doing his typical blathering in defending every criminal action that has ever occurred around a Griz athlete. All this while reminding us for the 967th time about him "playing the game". Could there be a more nauseating piece of scat than this self-absorbed ambulance-chaser? Here is the drivel he posted about Trumaine Johnson. Note that he blames Alpha "and others" for causing poor wittle Trumaine from having a warm and fuzzy feeling about Missoula and UM. What a crock! These thugs masquerading as football players love to play the blame game after they commit multiple actions in which the police have to get involved. PR somehow believes that having some freakin' attorney plea bargain an offense down makes that offense simply disappear like it never happened! Just like the DUI which "went away" like a puff of fresh air! Utter bullshit!

Let's get this straight........ Trumaine commits multiple crimes, then gets pissed when the community "disses him" for committing these crimes??? You do the act......you own the act! Typical blame game going on in America these days. Commit a crime, but blame society for committing it!

"I could see Tru making a donation at some point. He liked it in Missoula, and made many good friends, but it's also true that way too many people dissed him unfairly. Alpha was one of the biggest dicks to him. Borderline racist.

Accused by jerks like Alpha of gang signs on field. The cops abused him in the taser incident. Dissed over the taser incident (which ended up as a nolo plea to disorderly conduct). Dissed over the later dui (which went away). Lots of crap written on him in the Kaimin and Missoulian. Engstrom tried to get O'Day to ban him from working out in the UM facilities after his senior (fall) season. O'Day refused.

I can see how Tru doesn't have warm fuzzies about UM.

I always liked the guy. Liked his mom. She is very pretty and classy.

Knew he was very talented, but didn't realize how much.

He was and is a very supportive teammate. I know you never-played-the-gamers wouldn't understand."
              He even tried to call me out and I mildly tried to defend Tru. PR is nothing but a sanctimonious egriz pariah now....

Comment

Yep. Egriz has become the domain of sanctimonious virtue signalling and beta males. Leave it there. Talk Griz and football.

Comment

Working...
                X