Trumaine Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumaine Johnson

I see where Tru just signed with the Jets for 15 million a year. This is the icing on his cake for making 30 million in his last two seasons with the franchise tag by the Rams. One would think that Johnson might want to say thanks to both the University of Montana, as well as to Bobby Hauck, who convinced Tru to move from WR to CB, thus allowing him to make millions of dollars in the NFL. But no dice. Unlike Michael Roos, who rewarding his Alma Mater (EWU) with a huge donation, my info is that Tru will not even return calls from UM. Really sad commentary about how so many of these players are nothing more than hired guns, and never really buy into having a strong allegiance to the school who invests a scholarship to sign them, and the coaches who help develop them into the player they become. Sad commentary in general, but personally not surprising to me because of who Tru was when he played here.

Comments?

Originally posted by growler View Post
    I see where Tru just signed with the Jets for 15 million a year. This is the icing on his cake for making 30 million in his last two seasons with the franchise tag by the Rams. One would think that Johnson might want to say thanks to both the University of Montana, as well as to Bobby Hauck, who convinced Tru to move from WR to CB, thus allowing him to make millions of dollars in the NFL. But no dice. Unlike Michael Roos, who rewarding his Alma Mater (EWU) with a huge donation, my info is that Tru will not even return calls from UM. Really sad commentary about how so many of these players are nothing more than hired guns, and never really buy into having a strong allegiance to the school who invests a scholarship to sign them, and the coaches who help develop them into the player they become. Sad commentary in general, but personally not surprising to me because of who Tru was when he played here.

Comments?
    Tru’s tenure at UM pre dated my time on these Griz message boards but I’ve read that he wasn’t treated particularly well by the community in some fan’s opinions. I don’t know how true that is but it might explain him keeping his distance....

Comment

Originally posted by CV Griz Fan View Post

Tru’s tenure at UM pre dated my time on these Griz message boards but I’ve read that he wasn’t treated particularly well by the community in some fan’s opinions. I don’t know how true that is but it might explain him keeping his distance....
      He was treated in the manner that he choose to unveil. Great Griz players are idolized in the community...... until they do things to jeopardize that idolization, and Tru certainly did that. Any loyalty he should show would be to the school, and not the community. I don't think Tru has ever expressed loyalty to UM since he became a big shot NFL star. That is often the norm for out-of-state hired guns.

Comment

It's always sort of odd to me that older men whine about trivial bullshit like this. I know some of the story, don't know all but assume that a person's loyalty to an institution, a person, or any other entity is earned (in their own perception) and that is all I need. If he don't give the school credit I DGAF. I don't know that he doesn't though cuz I don't know or follow him around to find out.

Up late drinking so figured I'd add to the stupidity on this one. In summary...boo f'n hoo.

Comment

As good as he was (football) as a Griz, there were MANY who were very glad to see him leave town.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursus A. Horribilis View Post
            It's always sort of odd to me that older men whine about trivial bullshit like this. I know some of the story, don't know all but assume that a person's loyalty to an institution, a person, or any other entity is earned (in their own perception) and that is all I need. If he don't give the school credit I DGAF. I don't know that he doesn't though cuz I don't know or follow him around to find out.

Up late drinking so figured I'd add to the stupidity on this one. In summary...boo f'n hoo.
            Alpha, you really need to get your alter ego stigma in check. How many is it now? Oh, and bone-up on your ebonics too while you're at it, so you can have some semblance of credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by grizpack View Post
              As good as he was (football) as a Griz, there were MANY who were very glad to see him leave town.
              It is so revealing that so many Griz fans judge their football heroes on their athletic ability, rather than their character.

Comment

Alpha, you really need to get your alter ego stigma in check. How many is it now? Oh, and bone-up on your ebonics too while you're at it, so you can have some semblance of credibility.
                Bone up on ebonics...not sure what that has to do with anything but it probably means you are drinking too so it's all good.

Now please go on with it because I am sure that an expert on character has much to show us. You are the Richard Blackwell of character and I am tuning in to see who makes the cut in your little fashion show. Let me know who else has not shown you enough gratitude so I can hone in on them and focus my angst their way.

AG1 out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursus A. Horribilis View Post

Bone up on ebonics...not sure what that has to do with anything but it probably means you are drinking too so it's all good.

Now please go on with it because I am sure that an expert on character has much to show us. You are the Richard Blackwell of character and I am tuning in to see who makes the cut in your little fashion show. Let me know who else has not shown you enough gratitude so I can hone in on them and focus my angst their way.

AG1 out.
                  Just hone in on one of your 17 different pseudo-personalities

Comment

Ursus, since you are just another screen name.....should I thank myself for lunch 2 days ago at the Bistro? See you next week....my other screen name.

Wait....seriously how many is this now?

(1)

Comment

Oh and I dont GAF about Johnson and I am glad hes gone, he wasnt as good as the trouble he caused was worth. I dont want his money

Comment

This was posted about Tru. What a crock!

"I think there is a lot the public doesn't know. A few too many GRIZ fans treated Tru like crap. GRIZ Nation owes him an apology for the negativity some spread about him, that was not TRUE (pun intended). Feel free to go back and read some of the crap that was said and posted about him after the legal incident. If I were him, I wouldn't donate a cent benefitting the program or the Missoula community."

You reap what you sow in life. I guess this poster conveniently forgot about all of the gang flashings he made following big plays, the tazer incident, the bitch-kickings. This post accurately reflects the national penchant for placing the blame for one's indiscretions onto someone else. We should all feel so sorry for how "the community' treated poor wittle Trumaine! And, how DARE the University of Montana treat TJ so poorly by giving him a full-ride scholarship and allowing him the opportunity to become a multi-millionaire! Shame on them! i wanna freakin' HURL!

Comment

Originally posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
                          Ursus, since you are just another screen name.....should I thank myself for lunch 2 days ago at the Bistro? See you next week....my other screen name.

Wait....seriously how many is this now?

(1)
                          Do you change seats back-n-forth during lunch so you can carry on a conversation with yourself? I think I saw a video of you and "he" on the Comedy Channel.

Comment

This was posted about Tru. What a crock!

"I think there is a lot the public doesn't know. A few too many GRIZ fans treated Tru like crap. GRIZ Nation owes him an apology for the negativity some spread about him, that was not TRUE (pun intended). Feel free to go back and read some of the crap that was said and posted about him after the legal incident. If I were him, I wouldn't donate a cent benefitting the program or the Missoula community."

You reap what you sow in life. I guess this poster conveniently forgot about all of the gang flashings he made following big plays, the tazer incident, the bitch-kickings. This post accurately reflects the national penchant for placing the blame for one's indiscretions onto someone else. We should all feel so sorry for how "the community' treated poor wittle Trumaine! And, how DARE the University of Montana treat TJ so poorly by giving him a full-ride scholarship and allowing him the opportunity to become a multi-millionaire! Shame on them! i wanna freakin' HURL!
                            Typical Missoula PC guilt party, Trumaine was a criminal and he got treated like a criminal his race had nothing to do with it. He made his bed he cans sleep in it.

Comment

Growler:
                              I’m not trying to stir the pot here but many of the African American ball players from California told my kid that they felt, at times, some racism while out in the community. Now, perception is an individual thing. And obviously, I can’t speak to their experiences because I’m not African American. But I think one at least has to be sensitive to the possibility that these players might have experienced some awkward moments while in Montana. They most likely experienced it Cali too but when you represent UM and the state of Montana, maybe the expectations are a little higher I don’t know. Again, not trying to stir the pot but that could be a part of this...

Comment

Working...
                              X