FBS Drop-Downs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBS Drop-Downs

Let's talk some football.... because there is a dearth of football talk going on over at esugar,com. That place is the new "People Magazine" of Griz Nation. It is so nauseating reading the drivel posted over there now!

I believe that two events will occur shortly after the spring scrimmage. First, I think several current players will leave the program, either because they understand that they will not see the field much, or that Bobby has "encouraged" them to leave. Bobby has always been very up-front with his kids, and will tell them where (or if) they fit into his program. Secondly, I feel certain that we will see several solid FBS drop-down players added to the roster before fall practice. Bobby spent 8 years coaching at the FBS level, and has built many relationships with coaches from FBS programs around the country which he will use to find drop-downs. James Madison has used the FBS drop-down route to become a dominant FCS power, and I believe Hauck will do the same.

I believe we may see a couple of drop-down defensive backs, and maybe a lineman or two. I just don't think all of the players we see on the first unit in the spring game will necessarily be the players who start next fall. Comments?

I would like to see a couple of lineman. We need some experience and grit. Will not be surprised if we see an exodus on the current roster either. Sure there are already some doubts floating through some minds. The receivers seem to be the most likely target.

Comment

Originally posted by glendivegriz View Post
      I would like to see a couple of lineman. We need some experience and grit. Will not be surprised if we see an exodus on the current roster either. Sure there are already some doubts floating through some minds. The receivers seem to be the most likely target.
      I was one of the most critical fan of Stitt's using so many scholarships on WRs. His recruiting has caused a real imbalance of position players on our roster, which may take a couple of years to correct.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post

I was one of the most critical fan of Stitt's using so many scholarships on WRs. His recruiting has caused a real imbalance of position players on our roster, which may take a couple of years to correct.
        I think that happens whenever there is a coaching change. Coaches have different philosophies and one way a coach does it might not be the way the next coach does it.

I wasn’t a Stitt fan but I remember him saying the same thing after Delaney’s tenure here. But I agree it does take some time to correct the positions that were ignored.

Comment

I’m hoping to just see better athletes recruited under Hauck. Sure the “drop down”route is probably the best route to go early on but the Griz just need better talent. Stitt and Delaney were just clueless in that regard. When you have safety’s running 4.9 forty times it’s just hard to compete with the Eastern’s of the world.....
          Last edited by CV Griz Fan; 03-21-2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I would put the over-under on players leaving at 7 (in addition to those that have left).

Comment

Originally posted by GrizCountry420 View Post

I think that happens whenever there is a coaching change. Coaches have different philosophies and one way a coach does it might not be the way the next coach does it.

I wasn’t a Stitt fan but I remember him saying the same thing after Delaney’s tenure here. But I agree it does take some time to correct the positions that were ignored.
              I assure you the roster Delaney left Bubble Screen Bob looked much like 90% of the college rosters as far as the position breakdown, and the roster Stitt left Hauck was a 10% outlier roster.

Comment

Originally posted by CV Griz Fan View Post
                I’m hoping to just see better athletes recruited under Hauck. Sure the “drop down”route is probably the best route to go early on but the Griz just need better talent. Stitt and Delaney were just clueless in that regard. When you have safety’s running 4.9 forty times it’s just hard to compete with the Eastern’s of the world.....
                CV, you really should stop "hiding" on Maroonblood, you sanctimonious egriz pariah! ROFL!

Comment

OL has been weak for a number of years. Hopefully, Bobby will address this issue as one of his first tasks.

Comment

CV, you really should stop "hiding" on Maroonblood, you sanctimonious egriz pariah! ROFL!
                    Yeah, I’m “hiding” alright....

Comment

Yeah, I’m “hiding” alright....
                      They call the wind pariah........... and we all know that Playa Rape is the biggest bag of wind in Griz Nation. One has to wonder why an ambulance-chasing attorney who never even attended UM would be so involved with their athletic program. Oh, I forgot that we DO KNOW......... he likes to try to be a big fish in the small pond that is Missoula. Trouble is, every creature in that small pond knows that he is a narcissistic pin head.
                      Last edited by growler; 03-25-2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

They call the wind pariah........... and we all know that Playa Rape is the biggest bag of wind in Griz Nation. One has to wonder why an ambulance-chasing attorney who never even attended UM would be so involved with their athletic program. Oh, I forgot that we DO KNOW......... he likes to try to be a big fish in the small pond that is Missoula. Trouble is, every creature in that small pond knows that he is a narcissistic pin head.
                        You’ve crystallized my thoughts on PR for the last five years. Again, why does a Stanford trained Lawyer/ Ivy League undergrad waste his time battling egriz “blue collar” types all day long on a message board? Why isn’t he engaging others of his supposed “level”?

Comment

You’ve crystallized my thoughts on PR for the last five years. Again, why does a Stanford trained Lawyer/ Ivy League undergrad waste his time battling egriz “blue collar” types all day long on a message board? Why isn’t he engaging others of his supposed “level”?

He re-lives his past vicariously through the young athletes in our football program. Notice how frequently he name-drops about all of the people around the program he is "good friends" with, and how often he tells us all about his days as a Dartmouth football player. This guy is eaten-up with insecurity and uses his delusions of self-importance to put salve on those deep wounds. I look at him with a combination of disdain and pity.

Comment

Working...
                          X