No announcement yet.

Stitt Set This Program Back for Years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and Rob, so you can bone-up on how the slot receiver in a West Coast offense is able to split the 2-deep and run a middle seam in the West Coast offense, you might want to read this article. Please note that JLM never, to my knowledge, never ran this middle seam in Stitt's offense. Hey, but at least we're talking football, which never occurs any longer at esugar.com.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ma...ggo-seam-play/

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post

First, I NEVER welch on a bet, period. I asked you to tell me what the bet was and all you do is blather on. If I made a bet with you, simply remind me what is was and I will gladly pay the bet (if I lost it) when I arrive in Missoula in June. Why don't you stifle the 8th grade name calling, because it only makes your argument look weak and shows desperation on your part. I might add that your idea of "winning" arguments occurs only in your head, but if it makes you feel better, go for it. Uh, EVERY college offense runs the snag route at times. So what? Does that mean that Stitt's offense more resembled the West Coast offense more than the Mike Leach offense?? No, it doesn't. But don't let facts deter you from going down that shit hole!

You see, your argument is apples and oranges. I challenged 24 in making a generalized statement that Stitt's offense better resembled the West Coast offense than the WASSU offense, and I challenged that. Does that mean that some of his formations might have used some West Coast routes? No! But then, as I pointed out, Cal Poly could also use some West Coast routes on passing plays, and we all know that their offense could not be more different than the West Coast offense. Stitt's offense, with no FB and no TE on the roster, is the most extreme version of the spread, and no one who understands the game of football would EVER compare it to the West Coast offense!

I am now done with this discussion. If you want to chalk-up another "win" in your mind, then by all means do so. Personally, I don't feel the need to "win" an argument when discussing apples and oranges, which is the case here.
      I literately have 0 interest in your discussion with 24. Zero. None. Not a single fuck given. My only, read ONLY, dog in this fight was that it is 100% possible to run west coast route concepts out of a spread offense. Period. I wasn’t referring to Stitt or Walsh or Rodriguez or Leach. I’m not sure where the disconnect is here. You’re either being willfully ignorant or purposely obtuse.

Comment

Oh, and Rob, so you can bone-up on how the slot receiver in a West Coast offense is able to split the 2-deep and run a middle seam in the West Coast offense, you might want to read this article. Please note that JLM never, to my knowledge, never ran this middle seam in Stitt's offense. Hey, but at least we're talking football, which never occurs any longer at esugar.com.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ma...ggo-seam-play/

Not sure where I said a slot couldn’t do that...as a matter of fact I believe I said they could, which is why we have route concepts...? Reading comp issues?
        Last edited by Robgriz; 04-17-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

A D-lineman using big words! Who knew???? ROFL

Is it possible to run West Coast route concepts from Stitt's pin-ball no run 5-WR bubble screen offense??? Sure, just it is possible to run the concepts with the wishbone offense.

Oh, and I see you either can't articulate the supposed bet I made with you, or that bet never occurred, because I don't recall making one with you. But if I did, and lost, I will be glad to honor the bet.
          Last edited by growler; 04-17-2018, 10:02 PM.

Comment

A D-lineman using big words! Who knew???? ROFL

Is it possible to run West Coast route concepts from Stitt's pin-ball no run 5-WR bubble screen offense??? Sure, just it is possible to run the concepts with the wishbone offense.

Oh, and I see you either can't articulate the supposed bet I made with you, or that bet never occurred, because I don't recall making one with you. But if I did, and lost, I will be glad to honor the bet.
            Well, I knew. Glad to see you FINALLY got the point of my argument. As far as our bet, there was a belief at the end of last season that we were getting a QB from out of Texas. You were of the opinion that we would get him, I was of the opinion we would not. Hence, the bet. I bet you that if he came here I would buy you dinner at your favorite restaurant and if he didn’t you would buy me dinner at mine. Turns out our favorite restaurant is the same place, the Barclay 2 in Anaconda, which just so happens to be owned by my wife’s family. But, I’m guessing that still doesn’t ring any bells.

Comment

Uh, last I heard we DID get a QB out of Texas. He is now a Tight end.

This whole stupid argument could have been avoided if your initial post seemed to support 24's contention that Stitt's offense more closely resembled a West Coast offense, rather than a Texas Tech/WASSU offense. One final comment.......when discussing a college offense, we should discuss the overall design of the offense. To hone-in on a few plays which might have more elements of a different style of offense from your base offense...... then use these plays to make a wild-assed statement with no validity, like 24 did, is what my issue was. As I have said before, it is impossible to say that an offense is a West Coast offense when there are no FBs and TEs even on the roster........ both of which are staples of the West Coast offense!
              Last edited by growler; 04-18-2018, 07:40 AM.

Comment

I don't care which of you buys, I'm in for dinner at Barclay's. Sporting a round at Old Work's as well? I will declare a winner at the end of the evening. I think you both agree on Stitt though.

Comment

I had lumbar back surgery last May for a herniated disc at L4-L5, then re-herniated the same disc in August just taking about 10 easy swings with a 7-iron. Been able to avoid additional surgery with core-building exercises, but golf is out for at least 6-8 more months, if then. As you may know, I love golf and used to be a low handicapper, but golf may be a part of my past, and it pisses me off I hate getting old! I love playing at Old Works if the weather/wind is not a factor. But, I have only had good weather there once in 5 rounds! I remember one time the wind was so strong in our face on a par 3 that we had to use a driver on a 165-yard hole, and STILL did not reach the green! It was about 40 MPH wind!

I am up for a Griz dinner at Barclays....... are you driving?

Comment

I continue to be amused by the number of Griz fans, like 24, who supposedly know football, and who support Stitt. 24 claims to have been a long-time defensive coach, yet he gives Stitt a free pass on both understanding that defense wins the big games, and in recruiting defensive players in lieu of wasting 20 valuable scholarships on WRs so he can run his stupid offense! 24 compounds his lack of understanding of how to field a dominant team by stating that Stitt's offense was really a very good one...... even though every football mind knows that the ability to run the ball is essential to winning against great defensive opponents. Stitt thought that his gimmicky offense that worked at Mines, where he bragged about having a 1000-yard rusher, would translate to the FCS level. Uh, not so much!

I still remember attending 3 "closed" fall practices last August in which Stitt never ONCE even paid attention to what was happening on the defensive side of the 50-yard line during drills and practice! NOT ONCE during three practices! That shows how much he stressed defense!
                    Last edited by growler; 04-18-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Uh, last I heard we DID get a QB out of Texas. He is now a Tight end.

This whole stupid argument could have been avoided if your initial post seemed to support 24's contention that Stitt's offense more closely resembled a West Coast offense, rather than a Texas Tech/WASSU offense. One final comment.......when discussing a college offense, we should discuss the overall design of the offense. To hone-in on a few plays which might have more elements of a different style of offense from your base offense...... then use these plays to make a wild-assed statement with no validity, like 24 did, is what my issue was. As I have said before, it is impossible to say that an offense is a West Coast offense when there are no FBs and TEs even on the roster........ both of which are staples of the West Coast offense!
                      Yeah, we had him before we made the bet.

Comment

No offense, but why would I have any knowledge about a possible QB from Texas? I live in Arizona, remember? I remember you and I talking about our favorite Montana restaurant (Barclays), but I don't remember anything about a QB from Texas and me betting about one being signed. You should be able to find the post where I made such a bet if it exists. Ask your buddy Wahlberg to help you find it, since he is such an internet maven. Like I said, if you can show me where I made a bet that involved a QB from Texas, I'll buy you dinner at Barclays....... as long as you drive.

Comment

You know, I'm done with this site. Alpha is being his usual ass clown tonight, and I am sick of his act. He can take his site and stuff it, for all I care. I want to talk football, and all he wants to use the site for is to stroke his fragile ego.

Comment

Thats exactly what a guy trying to welch on a bet would say............see you next week.

I remember the bet and you lost. I suppose you will conveniently forget about that happening too..............typical ass clown symptom.

Comment

Fuck you Alpha. Rob, give me a phone contact and we will resolve this bet thing. I will not be posting in alpha's private therapy room any longer.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X