Welcome to Sneedville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Sneedville

Gresch Jensen has left the building. That is all.

Comment

Hurts depth wise, but honestly I think Sneed was QB1 all the way anyways. I have to imagine he isn't the last defector we will see by the time summer starts either.

Up with Montana.....RTD

Comment

Good

Comment

That amount of pant pissing over on egriz is absolutely hilarious. You would have thought that Dan Marino was under center last year. Good grief. "The Anointed One"

I saw that we are doomed now since we won't be able to trot out GJ and Sneed on alternating series lol. What a bunch of dumbf#cks.

Comment

Kids leave programs all the time for lots of different reasons. If he didn't like the competition then it's good he is exiting. Could be he's homesick or whatever. Not a big deal in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by glendivegriz View Post
              Kids leave programs all the time for lots of different reasons. If he didn't like the competition then it's good he is exiting. Could be he's homesick or whatever. Not a big deal in the long run.
              Agreed on your bolded point. Hauck is cultivating mental toughness. If you can't hack it, get out of the batters box.

Comment

I had noticed while watching the scrimmage that Sneed had lots of confidence and swagger while Jensen was just going through the motion. He didn't seem to excited to be out there.

Comment

A couple of things,

1. Maybe coaches knew this might happen, but I would be hard pressed to believe they think they are better off at this moment without Gresch there. Yes he struggled later in spring over thinking reads, pressing. Gresch wasn't a malcontent, a primadonna and he wasn't entitled. He worked with Rosy from the minute he showed up on campus. This might have been the best decision by Gresch, but I don't think this is all what people think. Not at least what I was told during spring drills.

2. There are several ways to fix program culture. Bobby apparently looks at the room and thinks it needs an overhaul and not a retooling. That is his prerogative, but this about what his designs are for the program going forward. I do think there is a, screw the present for the future gamble, I don't know. Maybe they are going to be fine with Sneed at QB, but that is one heck of a gamble on a guy who couldn't keep his job at UNLV (switched to DB) and now is on his third school in four years. I defer to the coaches, always do, but that is one big gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizfan-24 View Post
                    A couple of things,

1. Maybe coaches knew this might happen, but I would be hard pressed to believe they think they are better off at this moment without Gresch there. Yes he struggled later in spring over thinking reads, pressing. Gresch wasn't a malcontent, a primadonna and he wasn't entitled. He worked with Rosy from the minute he showed up on campus. This might have been the best decision by Gresch, but I don't think this is all what people think. Not at least what I was told during spring drills.

2. There are several ways to fix program culture. Bobby apparently looks at the room and thinks it needs an overhaul and not a retooling. That is his prerogative, but this about what his designs are for the program going forward. I do think there is a, screw the present for the future gamble, I don't know. Maybe they are going to be fine with Sneed at QB, but that is one heck of a gamble on a guy who couldn't keep his job at UNLV (switched to DB) and now is on his third school in four years. I defer to the coaches, always do, but that is one big gamble.
                    1. Yep

2. Exactly

Comment

The city of Missoula has run out of Preparation H as the clueless butt-hurt fan base cries in their Wheaties over their savior QB leaving the program. My, how quickly they forget that Jensen was not good enough to even win the starting QB job last season...... only getting to play after Phillips went down. If Phillips had started the entire season, these same fans who have labeled Jensen as the "second coming" wouldn't give a shit if he left. Here's a news flash for all of you who thought Jensen was NOT a product of Stitt's system last season...... you are WRONG. Stitt's offense allowed a very average QB to put up some big passing numbers. But those numbers could not mask the fact that Jensen also struggled in the short and mid-range passing game. His best asset was his ability on longer passes.

I am betting that Sneed will not even be the starting QB this fall. Bobby has a history of signing FBS drop-down QBs, and he will provide salve to the sphincters before long by announcing that a solid FBS drop-down QB is in the fold. Many FBS teams have not even finished spring practices yet, and there will be quite a few FBS QBs available soon. We should be able to sign a good one. All of you need to double-up on your Paxil meds, and let Hauck do his thing.

I have stated before that the talent level left by Stitt is just not there for us to be very good this season, and the coaches know this. Hauck is building for the future by tearing this shit down, and re-constructing it with his own players. Everyone needs to chill. I think it will be the 2020 season before we return to a dominant program again. We have too many holes and no depth at key positions for it to be otherwise. Our current roster more resembles a Weber State or Montana State roster, not the deep roster filled with many first-team All-Conference players and some future NFL guys. 24 keeps saying that things are not as bad as many think, but they are that bad. Hauck realizes it, as do the assistant coaches. We have no studs on the O-line, at LB, and our secondary is a disaster. Sit back and enjoy watching this team be transformed from a soft bunch, to the Hauck teams with that Montana pride to "not lose". It will happen.... just not this season.

Comment

I am not about to engage in a narrative discussion. I don't think the Sneed carrying #1 reps was all about merit. If you want Hauck as your savior, then you are going to have to handle this. I don't agree with it in the slightest, but you are going to have to get used to it. I'm not shoving a proven qb no matter the coach out the door. That is just me. Just a philosophical difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizfan-24 View Post
                          I am not about to engage in a narrative discussion. I don't think the Sneed carrying #1 reps was all about merit. If you want Hauck as your savior, then you are going to have to handle this. I don't agree with it in the slightest, but you are going to have to get used to it. I'm not shoving a proven qb no matter the coach out the door. That is just me. Just a philosophical difference.
                          Yet you write narratives all of the time. Who said anything about Hauck "shoving Jensen out the door"? Only the sugarcoaters are spewing that B.S. I think Jensen is soft and couldn't handle Bobby's style of coaching. He loved Stitt's "i'm your buddy" approach. So he quit. That's what people do who can't stand the heat of actual competition. They quit. And who said that Sneed got all of the #1 reps? My sources close to the team told me that Jensen pouted the entire spring because Bobby let him know that he would have to compete for the starting job, instead of being the anointed one. I wouldn't give him #1 reps either if he didn't embrace the competition and give 100% into winning the job. His body language revealed that he couldn't handle the competition

I am not sold on Sneed. As I said, I don't think Sneed will even be the starter this fall. But, I am not about to engage in your narrative discussion..

Comment

YOu might be right, my information differs a bit. If he pouted then so be it. Like I said, I think it is a dumb game to play.

Comment

Feels like a campfire circle jerk over on egriz. Kem, Raider and a couple other posters are the only one left with any gumption at all. I'm afraid AZ's family are going to have to make the decision soon to have him put in a home

Comment

Working...
                              X