Stitt Being Owned In Recruiting A QB

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

growler
MB Starter

Stitt Being Owned In Recruiting A QB

Postby growler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:54 am

Since we all know that our offense will not get better unless we find a talented QB, and since Bubble Screen Bob has been anointed a recruiting genius, it behooves us to take a look at the QB commitments so far by our Big Sky rivals, and compare them to what Green Hat Bob has recruited so far. This info comes from Rivals.com.

We all should understand that signing a high school QB with less than a 2-star rating from Rivals means that we are not getting the caliber of QB that we should be signing. Yes, i understand that star rankings are not everything, but I assure you that our chances of hitting a home run with a 2-star recruit are significantly higher than with a zero-star recruit.

So far, at least 5 Big Sky teams have received commitments from 2-star QBs........ Weber State, NAU, MSU, Southern Utah, and Davis (has TWO 2-star QB commitments!). I could find no info on EWU, North Dakota, ISU, Poly, and PSU. To my knowledge, the only QB Bobs Tit has signed is the JC kid with the poor throwing mechanics. You should also know that Caleb Hill had no other FCS offers, only a couple of Division II offers. But, I guess since all that Stitt knows is Division II, he must have liked what he saw in Hill.

Here are some junior highlights from the Weber QB signee.....Kayden Jenks, out of Royal City, WA. My question is, why weren't we after this kid??? The state of Washington is our primary recruiting ground! Watch this video, then compare it to the video of our JC signee. There is no comparison! Jenks looks like a great QB, and would have been a much better use of a scholarship than the JC kid@

n.rivals.com/content/prospects/181030

In addition, I hate to ruin your day by saying that the Bobcat 2-star signee, Tucker Rovig, is the real deal! He is a Rivals 2-star recruit, but watch his video and you will be very impressed! He can make all of the throws, can run the ball, and is very accurate. Since he is from the Boise, ID area, how is it that we did not even recruit him???? Unbelievable!

Watch Rovig and swallow hard at having to defense him in the future.......

n.rivals.com/content/prospects/17114

I find it revealing that Bob Stitt, who was supposed to be an offensive genius, and whose pass-first offense should be a magnet for any high school passing QB, is unable to recruit a great high school QB!
Wolfman is my name....Owning pedestrian fans is my game

growler
MB Starter

Re: Stitt Being Owned In Recruiting A QB

Postby growler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:19 am

There are only 3-4 2-star QBs in the states of CA, OR, & WA who are uncommitted as of today. We need to be recruiting one of these. The one I like the best is Robbie Blosser, from Los Angeles. So far, his only offer is from North Texas. They are one of the worst FBS programs in the country, so it may be possible to get him to Missoula. Here is his highlight video. His arm strength is not what I would prefer, and I am not sure he is as much of a running threat as Rovig, but his accuracy seems to be very good. His throwing motion is not optimal, as he reminds me of the way Danny Wuerffel kind of had a "shot-put" motion. Great touch on medium-longer passes. Check him out.

n.rivals.com/content/prospects/28835

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:07 am

You criticize Hills throwing motion but you're panties get soaked over Rovig?

Buddy you are a cat fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raider

Postby Raider » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:21 am

Good topic of discussion, and I agree with many of your observations.

A couple of things I would say:

1) Be careful falling in love with these recruiting videos. The all look fantastic. Pflug had one of the more impressive highlight tapes I have seen, in terms of a kid making all the throws, footwork, etc.

2) This problem predates Stitt.

growler
MB Starter

Postby growler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:49 am

brewskis wrote:You criticize Hills throwing motion but you're panties get soaked over Rovig?

Buddy you are a cat fan.

You may have a chance in the future of gaining a clue about the game of football, but I wouldn't make odds on it. 24 years have not taught you much about the game, except spewing hope-and-prayer, and pedestrian posts. If you are so dense that you can not see that Hill has severe mechanics issues in his delivery, then perhaps Little Grizzly football may be more your speed. Several other posters who watched his video noticed the obvious, but keep pulling out the trite "you are a Cat fan because you don't drink the Kool-Aid" bullshit!

Oh, and Rovig has an excellent throwing motion, quick release, holds the ball high, good follow-through, just for the record.

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:51 am

Raider wrote:Good topic of discussion, and I agree with many of your observations.

1) Be careful falling in love with these recruiting videos. The all look fantastic. Pflug had one of the more impressive highlight tapes I have seen, in terms of a kid making all the throws, footwork, etc.

And are we just choosing not to include the fact that we got a 2* recruit in Gresch Jensen and another solid guy in Bea? Caleb Hill is also a 2* prospect!

We are also bringing in Tanner Wilson, who might not be a "sexy" choice, but he's a smart, tough kid with a lot of character. The problem is in the process of being solved.

growler
MB Starter

Postby growler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:03 pm

brewskis wrote:
Raider wrote:Good topic of discussion, and I agree with many of your observations.

And are we just choosing not to include the fact that we got a 2* recruit in Gresch Jensen and another solid guy in Bea? Caleb Hill is also a 2* prospect!

We are also bringing in Tanner Wilson, who might not be a "sexy" choice, but he's a smart, tough kid with a lot of character. The problem is in the process of being solved.

Just to educate you, the only reason that Hill is a 2-star recruit, is that Rivals ALWAYS rates a JC transfer one star above where they were ranked in high school, which for Hill was ZERO stars! Rivals counts their JC experience as worth one star. Bea is a zero-star recruit. Willie Pflug was a ZERO star recruit by Rivals (see link). Gresch Jensen was the only 2-star recruit (see video).

n.rivals.com/content/prospects/42906

n.rivals.com/content/prospects/26218

Brewskies, you are always sedated by Stitt's propensity to bring-in a bunch of un-heralded QBs, hoping and praying that ONE OF THEM might be good! That is a totally bullshit approach! He needs to recruit ONE solid QB in each recruiting class, not bring in 3-4 and hope one is the answer! I'd trade all 8-9 of Stitt's QBs for ONE good one!

HookedOnGriz

Postby HookedOnGriz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Hill has a 3 star JUCO rating, just FYI.

Also I think any one of us would be thrilled with EWUs Gage Gubrud. No stars and a walk on at ewu. Think about that. Just earned Big Sky player of the year and up for Payton award.

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:24 pm

You're an absolute tool. And not a craftsman.....you're a Harbor Freight tool.

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:30 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:Hill has a 3 star JUCO rating, just FYI.

Also I think any one of us would be thrilled with EWUs Gage Gubrud. No stars and a walk on at ewu. Think about that. Just earned Big Sky player of the year and up for Payton award.

"Bubububuttt he has no starz" - growler.

He's too near-sighted to realize that stars do not guarantee production, or lack thereof. Just a couple months ago he was spewing out his worm-sized pecker over Phillips, now he would supposedly trade Phillips, Jensen, and Hill for one "good" QB. What amount of stars it takes to qualify as "good" by his standards ..... I have no idea.

putter

Postby putter » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:37 pm

I was visiting with friends who live in Washington. They said they still are shocked that Jensen ended up at Montana. They believed, as these guys watched him in high school, that he would be FBS for sure, if not Pac-12

growler
MB Starter

Postby growler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:22 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:Hill has a 3 star JUCO rating, just FYI.

A 3-star Rivals rating, huh? Why don't you pull up his rating on the link I provide below, then come back and correct your mistake.

https://n.rivals.com/search#?query=cale ... 522:1%257D

growler
MB Starter

Postby growler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:26 pm

brewskis wrote:You're an absolute tool. And not a craftsman.....you're a Harbor Freight tool.

I'm the tool who took $100 from you because you do not have clue about judging football talent, and I have schooled you over and over again. Let's face it dude, you are a rabid Griz fan, but your football knowledge is a joke. Griz Nation is full of fans like you. Keep up your glass-half-full attitude though.... you might some day impress one of us.

growler
MB Starter

Postby growler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:28 pm

putter wrote:I was visiting with friends who live in Washington. They said they still are shocked that Jensen ended up at Montana. They believed, as these guys watched him in high school, that he would be FBS for sure, if not Pac-12

We'll see. I hope he is the answer. But, I also placed a lot of weight on a high school coach's opinion of Simis when we signed him, and he did not pan out.

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:33 pm

growler wrote:
brewskis wrote:You're an absolute tool. And not a craftsman.....you're a Harbor Freight tool.

I'm the tool who took $100 from you because you do not have clue about judging football talent, and I have schooled you over and over again. Let's face it dude, you are a rabid Griz fan, but your football knowledge is a joke. Griz Nation is full of fans like you. Keep up your glass-half-full attitude though.... you might some day impress one of us.

If I remember correctly half that was to go to charity (not your girlfriend at shotgun willies). Got a receipt for that?

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”