Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Re: Stitt Being Owned In Recruiting A QB

Postby growler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:39 pm

brewskis wrote:
growler wrote:
brewskis wrote:You're an absolute tool. And not a craftsman.....you're a Harbor Freight tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the tool who took $100 from you because you do not have clue about judging football talent, and I have schooled you over and over again. Let's face it dude, you are a rabid Griz fan, but your football knowledge is a joke. Griz Nation is full of fans like you. Keep up your glass-half-full attitude though.... you might some day impress one of us.

If I remember correctly half that was to go to charity (not your girlfriend at shotgun willies). Got a receipt for that?

It did go to charity. I bought you a video tutorial entitled "Football for Dummies"
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:44 pm

growler wrote:
brewskis wrote:
growler wrote:
brewskis wrote:You're an absolute tool. And not a craftsman.....you're a Harbor Freight tool.

I'm the tool who took $100 from you because you do not have clue about judging football talent, and I have schooled you over and over again. Let's face it dude, you are a rabid Griz fan, but your football knowledge is a joke. Griz Nation is full of fans like you. Keep up your glass-half-full attitude though.... you might some day impress one of us.

If I remember correctly half that was to go to charity (not your girlfriend at shotgun willies). Got a receipt for that?

It did go to charity. I bought you a video tutorial entitled "Football for Dummies"

Okay, where's the tutorial?

growler

Postby growler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:55 pm

brewskis wrote:
growler wrote:
brewskis wrote:
growler wrote:

Okay, where's the tutorial?

I sent it to HavaTampa, and he'll forward it to you. Sorry for the dog-eared condition after he finishes digesting it.

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:05 pm

So you just pocketed the $100.....merry Christmas

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Let it be known that growler is not a man of his word, and does not settle his debts.

Havgrizfan

Postby Havgrizfan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:30 pm

I received nothing in the mail from Growler, nor have I been threatened by Marrutti like he said was going to happen if I didn't back off a few of my posts. LOL.

Anyhoo. Welcome back Growler. We all missed you. And the Griz are recruiting a three-star high school QB, but, they probably aren't going to get him. They also never recruited Tucker Rovig, so no, they didn't LOSE him to MSU. That is incorrect information. They are also in the running for another DI transfer as well.

HookedOnGriz

Postby HookedOnGriz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:15 pm

growler wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:Hill has a 3 star JUCO rating, just FYI.

Also I think any one of us would be thrilled with EWUs Gage Gubrud. No stars and a walk on at ewu. Think about that. Just earned Big Sky player of the year and up for Payton award.

A 3-star Rivals rating, huh? Why don't you pull up his rating on the link I provide below, then come back and correct your mistake.

https://n.rivals.com/search#?query=cale ... 522:1%257D

Nope not Rivals....a JUCO 3 star as I stated...is rivals the end all be all? What about Scout? Max Preps?

HookedOnGriz

Postby HookedOnGriz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Ranked 13th JUCO QB in nation with JUCO 3 star. The rankings and ratings don't mean much to me again I would take a no star Gage Gubrud to walk on any day

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/de ... B+Rankings

growler

Postby growler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:43 pm

brewskis wrote:Let it be known that growler is not a man of his word, and does not settle his debts.

GFY. You don't have any info on what I did with the money, and furthermore, it is none of your damned business.

growler

Postby growler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:50 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
growler wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:Hill has a 3 star JUCO rating, just FYI.

Also I think any one of us would be thrilled with EWUs Gage Gubrud. No stars and a walk on at ewu. Think about that. Just earned Big Sky player of the year and up for Payton award.

A 3-star Rivals rating, huh? Why don't you pull up his rating on the link I provide below, then come back and correct your mistake.

https://n.rivals.com/search#?query=cale ... 522:1%257D

Nope not Rivals....a JUCO 3 star as I stated...is rivals the end all be all? What about Scout? Max Preps?

MaxPreps is pretty good, Scout is a joke! Rivals is by far the best at evaluating high school talent. In fact, last season they did a retrospective analysis of all of their 5-star and 4-star picks, and how many became FBS starters, versus Scout's "high star" picks. They blew Scout away.

Anyway, being rated as the 13th best JC QB in the nation is hardly anything to get excited about. Just sayin'.

growler

Postby growler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Havgrizfan wrote:I received nothing in the mail from Growler, nor have I been threatened by Marrutti like he said was going to happen if I didn't back off a few of my posts. LOL.

Anyhoo. Welcome back Growler. We all missed you. And the Griz are recruiting a three-star high school QB, but, they probably aren't going to get him. They also never recruited Tucker Rovig, so no, they didn't LOSE him to MSU. That is incorrect information. They are also in the running for another DI transfer as well.

Uh, my post was made tongue-in-cheek. Most got it.

So, just because they recruited a 3-star QB, but will not get him, means they are doing a great job of recruiting QBs??? They will NEVER get a 3-star Rivals QB out of high school, so, stop wasting time on these kids. Instead, recruit 5-6 solid 2-star kids very hard, and you probably will get one of them.

I get it that they did not recruit Rovig. But WHY didn't they recruit him is the question! We recruit the Boise area hard. How did they not recruit this kid??? He is better than any QB on their roster, and you will see plenty of him in the coming years, I'm afraid.

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:02 pm

growler wrote:
brewskis wrote:Let it be known that growler is not a man of his word, and does not settle his debts.

GFY. You don't have any info on what I did with the money, and furthermore, it is none of your damned business.

No worries, it's just what we agreed on.

For everyone else's information, growler and I bet $100 on how far the Griz would go this year. The conditions that we agreed to were that the winner would donate half of the sum to charity. I lost, so I wrote a check for 100 bones to Mr. Pickle himself.

And now here we are, and Mr. Kosher pockets the full $100 and pisses on the charity. Merry Christmas everybody.

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:40 pm

This QB issue came up in the other thread. Montana's QB problems predate Stitt. The recent cycle in the BSC, had at least three QBs better than BG. The last cycle(two years ago) was the same story with three QBs better, in conference, than the Griz QB. The Griz won't regain their BSC dominance with the fourth best QB in conference. Plain and simple. One poster said that Griz don't get elite QB prospects anymore. That may be true but, at the very least, they'll need to start getting better talent at the position. I don't know if any of these current Griz prospects will pan out or not but demanding more from Stitt now may payoff in the future. It should be obvious to any Griz poster that recruiting quality QBs in recent years has been a challenge.....

Griz5700

Postby Griz5700 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:40 pm

I had the same thoughts watching Hill's highlights as I did Connor Kaegi's - what the hell is Stitt thinking.

Griz5700

Re: RE: Re: Stitt Being Owned In Recruiting A QB

Postby Griz5700 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:45 pm

brewskis wrote:
growler wrote:

No worries, it's just what we agreed on.

For everyone else's information, growler and I bet $100 on how far the Griz would go this year. The conditions that we agreed to were that the winner would donate half of the sum to charity. I lost, so I wrote a check for 100 bones to Mr. Pickle himself.

And now here we are, and Mr. Kosher pockets the full $100 and pisses on the charity. Merry Christmas everybody.

Sounds like you lost.. Ha!

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”