Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Re: Stitt Being Owned In Recruiting A QB

Postby growler » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:39 am

brewskis wrote:
growler wrote:
brewskis wrote:Let it be known that growler is not a man of his word, and does not settle his debts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFY. You don't have any info on what I did with the money, and furthermore, it is none of your damned business.

No worries, it's just what we agreed on.

For everyone else's information, growler and I bet $100 on how far the Griz would go this year. The conditions that we agreed to were that the winner would donate half of the sum to charity. I lost, so I wrote a check for 100 bones to Mr. Pickle himself.

And now here we are, and Mr. Kosher pockets the full $100 and pisses on the charity. Merry Christmas everybody.

I give more to charity every year than you make, so STFU!
Wolfman is my name....Owning pedestrian fans is my game

growler

Re: RE: Re: Stitt Being Owned In Recruiting A QB

Postby growler » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:42 am

Griz5700 wrote:
brewskis wrote:
growler wrote:
brewskis wrote:Let it be known that growler is not a man of his word, and does not settle his debts.

GFY. You don't have any info on what I did with the money, and furthermore, it is none of your damned business.

For everyone else's information, growler and I bet $100 on how far the Griz would go this year. The conditions that we agreed to were that the winner would donate half of the sum to charity. I lost, so I wrote a check for 100 bones to Mr. Pickle himself.

And now here we are, and Mr. Kosher pockets the full $100 and pisses on the charity. Merry Christmas everybody.

Sounds like you lost.. Ha!

Yeah, he wants everyone to know that he paid off his bet, but also wants to whine a bit to try to make me look like I did not fulfill my end of the bet, while he has no info that this is true.

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:52 am

Only a broke bastard like you would get so worked up over $100

growler

Postby growler » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:03 am

brewskis wrote:Only a broke bastard like you would get so worked up over $100

:jack:

Robgriz

Postby Robgriz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:47 am

Do we have proof that he isn't trying to recruit another QB? 2-star or otherwise?

grizindabox

Postby grizindabox » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:59 pm

As we all know, the star system is solid.....it never is wrong.

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:15 pm

Robgriz wrote:Do we have proof that he isn't trying to recruit another QB? 2-star or otherwise?

From the sounds of it Wilson and Hill are it.

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:55 pm

growler wrote:
brewskis wrote:
growler wrote:

Your attempts to project yourself as a successful businessman are sad. And your jabs at my age are taken as compliments.

growler

Postby growler » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:27 am

brewskis wrote:
growler wrote:
brewskis wrote:
growler wrote:

Your attempts to project yourself as a successful businessman are sad. And your jabs at my age are taken as compliments.

You get funnier by the post

growler

Postby growler » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:31 am

Robgriz wrote:Do we have proof that he isn't trying to recruit another QB? 2-star or otherwise?

No, I sure hope he is recruiting another one. But how many do we need on the roster? Don't you see a troubling trend of Stitt just trying to play a numbers game and bringing in lots of bodies, but none of them being highly-regarded coming out of high school? Jeeez, how many QBs do we have on the team now? We only need four, maybe five at the most.

growler

Postby growler » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:34 am

grizindabox wrote:As we all know, the star system is solid.....it never is wrong.

See, this post is just an attempt to discount the fact that other Big Sky teams are signing QBs who are much higher ranked that we are. I guess teams like Alabama and Clemson should stop concentrating on 5-star and 4-star recruits, because star rankings mean nothing, huh? Yet, you would be the first Griz fan to cum in their shorts if UM signed a bunch of 3-star recruits!

grizindabox

Postby grizindabox » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:19 am

growler wrote:
grizindabox wrote:As we all know, the star system is solid.....it never is wrong.

See, this post is just an attempt to discount the fact that other Big Sky teams are signing QBs who are much higher ranked that we are. I guess teams like Alabama and Clemson should stop concentrating on 5-star and 4-star recruits, because star rankings mean nothing, huh? Yet, you would be the first Griz fan to cum in their shorts if UM signed a bunch of 3-star recruits!

First, not all 4 and 5 star kids work out. Second, it is much easier to evaluate and rank the very top, but when it trickles down to the 2 and 3 stars, it is very inaccurate. Third, I never get wrapped up in "stars" because I don't put much value into them when it comes to 2 or 3 stars, at the FCS level. Fourth, this was not an attempt to discount anything other than the star system. But great post Growler, not one of your best, but I am sure you will work harder next time......or not.

GRIZNATION

Postby GRIZNATION » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:43 am

grizindabox wrote:
growler wrote:

First, not all 4 and 5 star kids work out. Second, it is much easier to evaluate and rank the very top, but when it trickles down to the 2 and 3 stars, it is very inaccurate. Third, I never get wrapped up in "stars" because I don't put much value into them when it comes to 2 or 3 stars, at the FCS level. Fourth, this was not an attempt to discount anything other than the star system. But great post Growler, not one of your best, but I am sure you will work harder next time......or not.

Growler is a one star poster
Coach Hauck after the 2007 Griz /Cat Game - "I wish there were a 5th quarter in that game so we could kick their ass some more!"

Robgriz

Postby Robgriz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:10 am

growler wrote:

No, I sure hope he is recruiting another one. But how many do we need on the roster? Don't you see a troubling trend of Stitt just trying to play a numbers game and bringing in lots of bodies, but none of them being highly-regarded coming out of high school? Jeeez, how many QBs do we have on the team now? We only need four, maybe five at the most.

IMO? One a year. And I disagree about none of them being highly regarded. As I've said before, I have two friends that've coached against Gresch and both were very high on him and his skill set. Whether or not that will translate onto the FCS playing field only time will tell.

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:22 am

Robgriz wrote:
growler wrote:

IMO? One a year. And I disagree about none of them being highly regarded. As I've said before, I have two friends that've coached against Gresch and both were very high on him and his skill set. Whether or not that will translate onto the FCS playing field only time will tell.

No, Jensen is the only one who was worthy of being a UM recruit in my opinion. He was a legit 2-stat QB with multiple offers, some from FBS schools. The others? Blah! But, we should be getting a 2-star QB every recruiting class id Stitt is doing his job. If 5 other Big Sky teams can do it, why can't we???

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”