Moderator: MINI14GB

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Re: Stitt Being Owned In Recruiting A QB

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:23 am

GRIZNATION wrote:
grizindabox wrote:
growler wrote:
grizindabox wrote:As we all know, the star system is solid.....it never is wrong.

See, this post is just an attempt to discount the fact that other Big Sky teams are signing QBs who are much higher ranked that we are. I guess teams like Alabama and Clemson should stop concentrating on 5-star and 4-star recruits, because star rankings mean nothing, huh? Yet, you would be the first Griz fan to cum in their shorts if UM signed a bunch of 3-star recruits!

First, not all 4 and 5 star kids work out. Second, it is much easier to evaluate and rank the very top, but when it trickles down to the 2 and 3 stars, it is very inaccurate. Third, I never get wrapped up in "stars" because I don't put much value into them when it comes to 2 or 3 stars, at the FCS level. Fourth, this was not an attempt to discount anything other than the star system. But great post Growler, not one of your best, but I am sure you will work harder next time......or not.

Growler is a one star poster

And you are a zero star poster
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:26 am

grizindabox wrote:
growler wrote:
grizindabox wrote:As we all know, the star system is solid.....it never is wrong.

See, this post is just an attempt to discount the fact that other Big Sky teams are signing QBs who are much higher ranked that we are. I guess teams like Alabama and Clemson should stop concentrating on 5-star and 4-star recruits, because star rankings mean nothing, huh? Yet, you would be the first Griz fan to cum in their shorts if UM signed a bunch of 3-star recruits!

First, not all 4 and 5 star kids work out. Second, it is much easier to evaluate and rank the very top, but when it trickles down to the 2 and 3 stars, it is very inaccurate. Third, I never get wrapped up in "stars" because I don't put much value into them when it comes to 2 or 3 stars, at the FCS level. Fourth, this was not an attempt to discount anything other than the star system. But great post Growler, not one of your best, but I am sure you will work harder next time......or not.

And we are all still awaiting your first quality post on this board. Gee, thanks for educating us that not all 4 & 5 star kids work out. Who would have guessed? :jack:

grizindabox

Postby grizindabox » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:53 am

growler wrote:
grizindabox wrote:
growler wrote:

And we are all still awaiting your first quality post on this board. Gee, thanks for educating us that not all 4 & 5 star kids work out. Who would have guessed? :jack:

Awe shucks, but we are awaiting the same from you. And by the way, it was great that you only commented on the first 10 words of my post and then decided to ignore the most important part......dumb ass.

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Hunter Renfro - 5'10 150lbs no star recruit when he was recruited to Clemson.

Huh?
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

grizindabox

Postby grizindabox » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:28 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Hunter Renfro - 5'10 150lbs no star recruit when he was recruited to Clemson.

Huh?

Walk-on I believe.

Raider

Postby Raider » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Does anyone else see the irony of the “we need more 2/3 star recruits” and “we need more Montana kids” parallel?

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Raider wrote:Does anyone else see the irony of the “we need more 2/3 star recruits” and “we need more Montana kids” parallel?

This will all continue until the "we have too many Montana kids" and too many 2/3 star recruits) phase kicks in.................
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

BWahlberg

Postby BWahlberg » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:39 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Hunter Renfro - 5'10 150lbs no star recruit when he was recruited to Clemson.

Huh?

Impossible, star ratings = success that's widely well known by one poster on here.
Have no fear, sugar is here!

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:55 pm

BWahlberg wrote:

Huh?

Impossible, star ratings = success that's widely well known by one poster on here.

Says the guy who creams his jeans every time a new Griz 2-star recruit is announced. You're such a hypocrite.

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Huh?

I think Stitt is missing the boat on recruiting kids with star rankings. He should just open it up to 100% walk-ons, and find the hidden gems from within. :notworthy:

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Raider wrote:Does anyone else see the irony of the “we need more 2/3 star recruits” and “we need more Montana kids” parallel?

There are always Montana high school players who are worthy of 2-star rankings..... that is, if either Scout or Rivals paid any attention to Montana football. The only way a Montana kid can get a star ranking from them is to attend a major out-of-state camp being observed by a recruiting site dude.

brewskis

Postby brewskis » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:03 pm

growler wrote:
BWahlberg wrote:

Huh?

Says the guy who creams his jeans every time a new Griz 2-star recruit is announced. You're such a hypocrite.

Says the guy who is crying because we only have 3 quarterbacks who were recruited with star rankings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:08 pm

brewskis wrote:
growler wrote:
BWahlberg wrote:

Huh?

Says the guy who is crying because we only have 3 quarterbacks who were recruited with star rankings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 years old, and still a football wannabee. Might help if you ever played the game, instead of being a student trainer. We have two QBs who had star rankings coming out of high school. Jensen (2-star), and Phillips (3-star). JC star rankings mean nothing.

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:14 pm

No irony, if you knew anything about why Montana kids are not even followed by the recruiting services. In most years, the best 3-5 Montana high school kids would be rated 2-stars by Rivals. Every 3-4 years would produce a 3-star, or possibly even a 4-star. But, they don't put any resources into following Montana football. You know Raider, for a dude who obviously knows football, you try a little too hard to disparage me, when you fucking understand that I know a lot about the game, and have admitted it on many occasions. Are you that insecure that you have to try to gain acceptance from these clueless hacks by trying to find something to slam me on? Weak shit, dude! It makes you look small.

Raider

Postby Raider » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:16 pm

growler wrote:

No irony, if you knew anything about why Montana kids are not even followed by the recruiting services. In most years, the best 3-5 Montana high school kids would be rated 2-stars by Rivals. Every 3-4 years would produce a 3-star, or possibly even a 4-star. But, they don't put any resources into following Montana football. You know Raider, for a dude who obviously knows football, you try a little too hard to disparage me, when you fucking understand that I know a lot about the game, and have admitted it on many occasions. Are you that insecure that you have to try to gain acceptance from these clueless hacks by trying to find something to slam me on? Weak shit, dude! It makes you look small.

You responded to this not once, but twice, and I am insecure?

Hmmm, go back and read it again Ace.I've said this before and I'll say it again. If you weren't so quick to argue, you might actually see when someone is agreeing with you.

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”