Stitt Being Owned In Recruiting A QB

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

grizindabox

Re: Stitt Being Owned In Recruiting A QB

Postby grizindabox » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:12 pm

growler wrote:
Raider wrote:Does anyone else see the irony of the “we need more 2/3 star recruits” and “we need more Montana kids” parallel?

There are always Montana high school players who are worthy of 2-star rankings..... that is, if either Scout or Rivals paid any attention to Montana football. The only way a Montana kid can get a star ranking from them is to attend a major out-of-state camp being observed by a recruiting site dude.

So what you are saying is that the star system is unreliable? Who woulda thunk it!

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:29 pm

grizindabox wrote:
growler wrote:
Raider wrote:Does anyone else see the irony of the “we need more 2/3 star recruits” and “we need more Montana kids” parallel?

There are always Montana high school players who are worthy of 2-star rankings..... that is, if either Scout or Rivals paid any attention to Montana football. The only way a Montana kid can get a star ranking from them is to attend a major out-of-state camp being observed by a recruiting site dude.

So what you are saying is that the star system is unreliable? Who woulda thunk it!

You are trying way too hard. Might want to sit back and take another draw.....
Wolfman is my name....Owning pedestrian fans is my game

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Raider wrote:
growler wrote:

No irony, if you knew anything about why Montana kids are not even followed by the recruiting services. In most years, the best 3-5 Montana high school kids would be rated 2-stars by Rivals. Every 3-4 years would produce a 3-star, or possibly even a 4-star. But, they don't put any resources into following Montana football. You know Raider, for a dude who obviously knows football, you try a little too hard to disparage me, when you fucking understand that I know a lot about the game, and have admitted it on many occasions. Are you that insecure that you have to try to gain acceptance from these clueless hacks by trying to find something to slam me on? Weak shit, dude! It makes you look small.

You responded to this not once, but twice, and I am insecure?

Hmmm, go back and read it again Ace.I've said this before and I'll say it again. If you weren't so quick to argue, you might actually see when someone is agreeing with you.

I have to repeat myself because there are lots of Ned readers here, and repetition is the only way to get through to them. First, the only people I care about agreeing with me are people I respect in knowing the game, and there are very few who post here. I hang out with lots of knowledgeable Griz fans both in Missoula and at Dukes Sports Bar in Scottsdale. Many are former players and/or coaches. These are the people I care about. I just am curious about why you want to go out of your way lately to fuck with me. Do you need a hobby?

grizindabox

Postby grizindabox » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:53 pm

growler wrote:
grizindabox wrote:
growler wrote:

You are trying way too hard. Might want to sit back and take another draw.....

No one tries harder than you....just look at the number of posts you make. And I know, I got you and you had no other alternative than an attempt to insult....but I will sleep fine....

Raider

Postby Raider » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:52 am

growler wrote:
Raider wrote:
growler wrote:

No irony, if you knew anything about why Montana kids are not even followed by the recruiting services. In most years, the best 3-5 Montana high school kids would be rated 2-stars by Rivals. Every 3-4 years would produce a 3-star, or possibly even a 4-star. But, they don't put any resources into following Montana football. You know Raider, for a dude who obviously knows football, you try a little too hard to disparage me, when you fucking understand that I know a lot about the game, and have admitted it on many occasions. Are you that insecure that you have to try to gain acceptance from these clueless hacks by trying to find something to slam me on? Weak shit, dude! It makes you look small.

Hmmm, go back and read it again Ace.I've said this before and I'll say it again. If you weren't so quick to argue, you might actually see when someone is agreeing with you.

I have to repeat myself because there are lots of Ned readers here, and repetition is the only way to get through to them. First, the only people I care about agreeing with me are people I respect in knowing the game, and there are very few who post here. I hang out with lots of knowledgeable Griz fans both in Missoula and at Dukes Sports Bar in Scottsdale. Many are former players and/or coaches. These are the people I care about. I just am curious about why you want to go out of your way lately to fuck with me. Do you need a hobby?

Oh, the irony!

Wow, wow, wow

marceagfan5

Postby marceagfan5 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:08 pm

growler wrote:
So far, at least 5 Big Sky teams have received commitments from 2-star QBs........ Weber State, NAU, MSU, Southern Utah, and Davis (has TWO 2-star QB commitments!). I could find no info on EWU, North Dakota, ISU, Poly, and PSU. To my knowledge, the only QB Bobs Tit has signed is the JC kid with the poor throwing mechanics. You should also know that Caleb Hill had no other FCS offers, only a couple of Division II offers. But, I guess since all that Stitt knows is Division II, he must have liked what he saw in Hill.

Eastern signed a 3 star QB last year (Barriere) who red-shirted this year, he will be Eastern's QB of the future, so I highly doubt Eastern signs a QB this year...

grizpack

Postby grizpack » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:51 pm

marceagfan5 wrote:
growler wrote:
So far, at least 5 Big Sky teams have received commitments from 2-star QBs........ Weber State, NAU, MSU, Southern Utah, and Davis (has TWO 2-star QB commitments!). I could find no info on EWU, North Dakota, ISU, Poly, and PSU. To my knowledge, the only QB Bobs Tit has signed is the JC kid with the poor throwing mechanics. You should also know that Caleb Hill had no other FCS offers, only a couple of Division II offers. But, I guess since all that Stitt knows is Division II, he must have liked what he saw in Hill.

Eastern signed a 3 star QB last year (Barriere) who red-shirted this year, he will be Eastern's QB of the future, so I highly doubt Eastern signs a QB this year...

How many will you be carrying on your roster this spring?

growler

Postby growler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Raider wrote:
growler wrote:
Raider wrote:
growler wrote:

Oh, the irony!

Wow, wow, wow

You seem to be really big on irony, dude. Perhaps you missed your calling.

growler

Postby growler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:25 pm

grizpack wrote:
marceagfan5 wrote:
growler wrote:

About half as many as Stitt does, but all are probably capable of starting at the FCS level

marceagfan5

Postby marceagfan5 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:25 pm

grizpack wrote:
marceagfan5 wrote:
growler wrote:

3 unless we bring in one more...Hennessey and Gubrud will both be returning Juniors and Barriere will be a Frosh. We may bring in one more, but really no reason to carry more than 3 when that's the 3 you have.

growler

Postby growler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:27 pm

marceagfan5 wrote:
growler wrote:

Uh, unless Scout ranked him a 3-star, Rivals had him as a 2-star dual-threat QB. Here is the link. But, he did have offers from 3 other Big Sky teams.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/13627

Havgrizfan

Postby Havgrizfan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:33 pm

marceagfan5 wrote:
grizpack wrote:
marceagfan5 wrote:
growler wrote:

3 unless we bring in one more...Hennessey and Gubrud will both be returning Juniors and Barriere will be a Frosh. We may bring in one more, but really no reason to carry more than 3 when that's the 3 you have.

I wouldn't be 100 percent sure Hennessey will be back.

marceagfan5

Postby marceagfan5 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:27 pm

growler wrote:
marceagfan5 wrote:
growler wrote:

Uh, unless Scout ranked him a 3-star, Rivals had him as a 2-star dual-threat QB. Here is the link. But, he did have offers from 3 other Big Sky teams.

Yes, Scout had him as a 3 star...

marceagfan5

Postby marceagfan5 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:28 pm

Havgrizfan wrote:
marceagfan5 wrote:
grizpack wrote:
marceagfan5 wrote:
growler wrote:

I wouldn't be 100 percent sure Hennessey will be back.

True, but unless he transfers to a D2, he'd sit for a year and since he already red shirted I doubt he'd do that...

growler

Postby growler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:41 pm

marceagfan5 wrote:
growler wrote:
marceagfan5 wrote:
growler wrote:

Yes, Scout had him as a 3 star...

Figures..... :roll:

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”