Did an up-tempo spread offense....

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

ALPHAGRIZ1

Re: Did an up-tempo spread offense....

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:07 pm

...........and there it was :coffee:
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

Havgrizfan

Postby Havgrizfan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:10 pm

growler wrote:Trying to say that Clemson's defense is not great is a joke. They totally shut out Ohio State. The difference in the game came when the stud Bama RB went down. Clemson could not stop him. When he left, the Bama running game was negated, forcing a below-average passing QB to try to move the ball through the air. It was over at that point.

All this does is support my contention that no team can win without being able to run the ball, and Stitt's teams can not run the ball. None of you have ever understood that my concerns about Stitt's offense are not that it is a spread offense, but rather it is the MOST EXTREME spread offense in the country, with ZERO tight ends on the squad, and no back who can provide a solid lead block for short-yardage and goal-line plays.

Just so you understand, Clemson has 6 tight ends on their roster, as well as a FB that they use for short-yardage situations, out of the spread. They also ran the pistol a few plays, something that is foreign to Bob Stitt. More importantly, Clemson's receivers run defined routes, and Stitt's don't. That is a HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Finally, Sabin told reporter Joe Rivera today something about Alabama's offense this season getting away from what has been successful in past seasons, taking a subtle shot at Lane Kiffin going more to a spread offense.

I watched the entire game and then double checked the box. The fullback listed on Clemson's roster never played a SINGLE OFFENSIVE snap last night. NOT ONE. As for tight ends, yes Clemson uses them, although their receiving TE, Leggit, is called the H position. Geez, where I have heard that before? Oh that would be Josh Horner and Colin Bingham,

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:09 pm

growler wrote:Trying to say that Clemson's defense is not great is a joke. They totally shut out Ohio State. The difference in the game came when the stud Bama RB went down. Clemson could not stop him. When he left, the Bama running game was negated, forcing a below-average passing QB to try to move the ball through the air. It was over at that point.

All this does is support my contention that no team can win without being able to run the ball, and Stitt's teams can not run the ball. None of you have ever understood that my concerns about Stitt's offense are not that it is a spread offense, but rather it is the MOST EXTREME spread offense in the country, with ZERO tight ends on the squad, and no back who can provide a solid lead block for short-yardage and goal-line plays.

Just so you understand, Clemson has 6 tight ends on their roster, as well as a FB that they use for short-yardage situations, out of the spread. They also ran the pistol a few plays, something that is foreign to Bob Stitt. More importantly, Clemson's receivers run defined routes, and Stitt's don't. That is a HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Finally, Sabin told reporter Joe Rivera today something about Alabama's offense this season getting away from what has been successful in past seasons, taking a subtle shot at Lane Kiffin going more to a spread offense.

Total fucking spin!

The reason that Clemson won is they were able to rack op 500 plus yards in back to back games against the self proclaimed defensive genius Saban.

Its not about a RB getting hurt, Kiffin leaving or Sark calling plays. Alabama was beat and out coached by Clemson.

Alabama has their pick of players, depth and a media PR machine that beats the drum for them. If Bama had a coach like Peterson or Briles they would win 8 out of 10 NC in the gimmicky 4 team BS "playoff"

When it comes to being wrong........you are the Nick Saban of the board!
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Havgrizfan wrote:

I watched the entire game and then double checked the box. The fullback listed on Clemson's roster never played a SINGLE OFFENSIVE snap last night. NOT ONE. As for tight ends, yes Clemson uses them, although their receiving TE, Leggit, is called the H position. Geez, where I have heard that before? Oh that would be Josh Horner and Colin Bingham,

You can spin it all you want, but Clemson uses their TEs in a normal matter, like most teams. And they "waste" six scollies on those TEs! Do they ever go in motion? Of course, just like with ALL teams. But your trying to couch the fact that the Clemson offense has any f_cking resemblance to Stitt's shows you know jack shit, or too stubborn to admit the obvious. I suppose Dabo's offense also does not use defined WR routes too, huh? Spin that one! Did I say the Clemson FB played a down on Monday? No. But, they never had a situation where he was needed. Spin it, baby..... spin it!
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:22 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

Total fucking spin!

The reason that Clemson won is they were able to rack op 500 plus yards in back to back games against the self proclaimed defensive genius Saban.

Its not about a RB getting hurt, Kiffin leaving or Sark calling plays. Alabama was beat and out coached by Clemson.

Alabama has their pick of players, depth and a media PR machine that beats the drum for them. If Bama had a coach like Peterson or Briles they would win 8 out of 10 NC in the gimmicky 4 team BS "playoff"

When it comes to being wrong........you are the Nick Saban of the board!

Yeah, they score in the last fucking minute and you anoint them as pummeling Bama! You are such a front runner with an agenda to did Sabin. If those two teams play 5 times, Bama wins four of them......

You got a woody for Peterson. We get it. He looks like a library geek, but maybe that is your speed. If Clemson had not scored in the last few seconds, you would have disappeared on this board. Have your 10 minutes of fame, you expert prognosticator you! :beer:

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:23 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:...........and there it was :coffee:

Yep, there was the accurate analysis of the game, instead of the hyperbole you spew.

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”