Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Posts: 3468
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: At the Mo Club........

Re: Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:28 pm

brewskis wrote:It's too bad Briles lacks a moral compass. Baylor was lethal with there for a couple years.

I think Rhule will be even better. His defense at Temple was top notch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


How does Briles lack a moral compass?

He was hired to win football games. Unless Baylor paid him extra to be law enforcement I just dont see why he should be held accountable for some players raping gals on campus.

Why not fire some people at Exxon Mobile because Chevy trucks dont get 37mpg?
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

brewskis
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Re: Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Postby brewskis » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:36 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
brewskis wrote:It's too bad Briles lacks a moral compass. Baylor was lethal with there for a couple years.

I think Rhule will be even better. His defense at Temple was top notch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


How does Briles lack a moral compass?

He was hired to win football games. Unless Baylor paid him extra to be law enforcement I just dont see why he should be held accountable for some players raping gals on campus.

Why not fire some people at Exxon Mobile because Chevy trucks dont get 37mpg?

Because nobody is forcing you to choose a Chevy truck over a hybrid.

Once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence, 3 times is a pattern of a toxic culture. Briles did nothing to help himself in the matter either.

Loved him as far as scheme goes, and he did bring life into a school that did not take any sort of pride in its football team. However he took some wild risks (the Boise st transfer) that weren't necessary and preventable. The warning signs were there for him, and if he had corrected his actions quicker he would still be coaching in Waco.

Not saying there wouldn't be any fewer victims. Those sick individuals would still be out there, but they wouldn't have been suiting up for the team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Posts: 3468
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: At the Mo Club........

Re: Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:42 pm

Briles reported what he knew to the school administration. His job was done.

Starr is the one law enforcement should go after but like anyone who has ties to politicians nothing will happen to him. They will drag this out over a decade so people forget and it will be swept under the rug. Its what the elite do.

If I am looking for a HC Briles would be my #1 option and nothing in the past would even come into the equation since he did his job and others failed.
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

brewskis
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Re: Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Postby brewskis » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Briles reported what he knew to the school administration. His job was done.

Starr is the one law enforcement should go after but like anyone who has ties to politicians nothing will happen to him. They will drag this out over a decade so people forget and it will be swept under the rug. Its what the elite do.

If I am looking for a HC Briles would be my #1 option and nothing in the past would even come into the equation since he did his job and others failed.

Fair enough. I understand that some of what happened fell outside of his job description. However he was in a position of power and possessed a capability to influence the situation for the better. But didn't.

His reputation is going to follow him wherever he goes. Whether it's ill founded or not. If he is able to get back into the business at the FBS level (which I doubt will happen) he won't see the same level of success again.

It's a damn shame. His team was a blast to watch play ball.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
MissoulaMarinerFan
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:01 am
Location: Missoula, MT
Contact:

Re: Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:12 pm

My Top 5:
- Don James (who Nick Saban learned a great deal of his coaching chops from)
- Nick Saban
- Chris Petersen
- Dabo Swinney
- Urban Meyer / Jim Harbaugh

User avatar
growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants
Posts: 4398
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am

Re: Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:46 pm

brewskis wrote:It's too bad Briles lacks a moral compass. Baylor was lethal with there for a couple years.

I think Rhule will be even better. His defense at Temple was top notch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


It's easy to be a great coach when you cheat as much as he did :popcorn1:
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

User avatar
growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants
Posts: 4398
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am

Re: Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:47 pm

brewskis wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
brewskis wrote:It's too bad Briles lacks a moral compass. Baylor was lethal with there for a couple years.

I think Rhule will be even better. His defense at Temple was top notch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


How does Briles lack a moral compass?

He was hired to win football games. Unless Baylor paid him extra to be law enforcement I just dont see why he should be held accountable for some players raping gals on campus.

Why not fire some people at Exxon Mobile because Chevy trucks dont get 37mpg?

Because nobody is forcing you to choose a Chevy truck over a hybrid.

Once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence, 3 times is a pattern of a toxic culture. Briles did nothing to help himself in the matter either.

Loved him as far as scheme goes, and he did bring life into a school that did not take any sort of pride in its football team. However he took some wild risks (the Boise st transfer) that weren't necessary and preventable. The warning signs were there for him, and if he had corrected his actions quicker he would still be coaching in Waco.

Not saying there wouldn't be any fewer victims. Those sick individuals would still be out there, but they wouldn't have been suiting up for the team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yeah, he ran a great scheme, just like Stitt. Score 60 against nobodies, then get your ass handed to you when you play a real team.
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

User avatar
growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants
Posts: 4398
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am

Re: Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Raider wrote:growler's, in no particular order…………..

Not Stitt
Not Mick
Not Pflu
Not Bobby
Not Joe

and, certainly not the next guy


Your obsession with me is duly noted, as you continue to sink into the quagmire of mediocrity.
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

brewskis
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Re: Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Postby brewskis » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:49 pm

You really are incredibly insecure if you come to a message board looking for justification. Things must be rough.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants
Posts: 4398
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am

Re: Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:09 pm

brewskis wrote:You really are incredibly insecure if you come to a message board looking for justification. Things must be rough.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


As your credibility continues to sink into oblivion
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Posts: 3468
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: At the Mo Club........

Re: Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:14 pm

growler wrote:
brewskis wrote:You really are incredibly insecure if you come to a message board looking for justification. Things must be rough.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


As your credibility continues to sink into oblivion


Thanks for fucking up another thread
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

User avatar
growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants
Posts: 4398
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am

Re: Who is on your top 5 College Football Head Coaches list?

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:24 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
growler wrote:
brewskis wrote:You really are incredibly insecure if you come to a message board looking for justification. Things must be rough.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


As your credibility continues to sink into oblivion


Thanks for fucking up another thread


Oh, I thought Screwskies fucked it up with his obsession about me......
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998


Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Robgriz and 7 guests