Two 3-star commits today!

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

HookedOnGriz

Two 3-star commits today!

Postby HookedOnGriz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:25 pm

Griz got commitments from 3-star RB James Brown out of Houston and then 3-star safety Isiahia Banks out of Denver. Both had FBS schools after them. Banks had FBS offers.

ALPHAGRIZ1

Re: Two 3-star commits today!

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Nice to pick them up, but this one is going to be huge.

David Shaw - 6'5", 310lb Sophomore DT

This is a nasty physical SOB and he is going to change the tone of the defense all by himself. This is attitude we desperately need.

http://www.scout.com/player/179740-david-shaw
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

Robgriz

Postby Robgriz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 pm

Good day for the GRIZ.

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:04 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:Griz got commitments from 3-star RB James Brown out of Houston and then 3-star safety Isiahia Banks out of Denver. Both had FBS schools after them. Banks had FBS offers.

Yep, the good news is that Brown is a legit 3-star Rivals recruit. What is puzzling to me is that his only two other offers were from Alcorn State and Texas Southern. 3-star running backs don't grow on trees. One would think that he would have had some FBS offers, plus several FCS offers. Not knocking him, as this is a good signing. Hard to evaluate him from his junior video, because in almost every play he ran untouched for lots of yards.

As for Banks..... great get for the Griz! He is a legit 3-star safety, who had offers from Colorado and Hawaii. This is the type of defensive backs we need to be signing. Now, if we can only find a couple of solid CBs. I wish Stitt would turn some of those wide receivers into D-backs.
Wolfman is my name....Owning pedestrian fans is my game

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:05 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:Griz got commitments from 3-star RB James Brown out of Houston and then 3-star safety Isiahia Banks out of Denver. Both had FBS schools after them. Banks had FBS offers.

Don't you know that star rankings mean NOTHING! Just ask the regular pundits who reside here!

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:08 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Nice to pick them up, but this one is going to be huge.

This is a nasty physical SOB and he is going to change the tone of the defense all by himself. This is attitude we desperately need.

Agree on Shaw. We need lots of size and attitude on the D-line, and this kid can bring it. Great day for Griz recruiting. I'm impressed.

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:13 pm

growler wrote:

Yep, the good news is that Brown is a legit 3-star Rivals recruit. What is puzzling to me is that his only two other offers were from Alcorn State and Texas Southern. 3-star running backs don't grow on trees. One would think that he would have had some FBS offers, plus several FCS offers. Not knocking him, as this is a good signing. Hard to evaluate him from his junior video, because in almost every play he ran untouched for lots of yards.

As for Banks..... great get for the Griz! He is a legit 3-star safety, who had offers from Colorado and Hawaii. This is the type of defensive backs we need to be signing. Now, if we can only find a couple of solid CBs. I wish Stitt would turn some of those wide receivers into D-backs.

I expect less from Brown than I do Favors.

growler

Postby growler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:25 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
growler wrote:

You may be right......

Havgrizfan

Postby Havgrizfan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Agree, this kid has played real snaps in real Big 10 games. He's seen a lot, seen different schemes, gone against very talented offensive players and O-lineman. This is a huge get for Montana, because, this kid is fully game ready. And, I think it's final piece needed to ensure Jesse Sims goes back to defensive end, which the Griz will be so much better off if that's the case.

growler

Postby growler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Havgrizfan wrote:

Agree, this kid has played real snaps in real Big 10 games. He's seen a lot, seen different schemes, gone against very talented offensive players and O-lineman. This is a huge get for Montana, because, this kid is fully game ready. And, I think it's final piece needed to ensure Jesse Sims goes back to defensive end, which the Griz will be so much better off if that's the case.

Stitt has done a great job of recruiting this year, except for the two most critical areas of need, QB and CB. I keep hoping he is keeping a couple of surprises under wraps for these positions yet.

SeaGriz

Re: RE: Re: Two 3-star commits today!

Postby SeaGriz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:21 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
growler wrote:

What is up with Favors? We won him away from NDSU, so both schools saw something, but he has never really played much.

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:26 pm

SeaGriz wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
growler wrote:

What is up with Favors? We won him away from NDSU, so both schools saw something, but he has never really played much.

We dont have the OL to make either of these guys elite RBs, it doesnt matter who we have in the backfield until the OL gets natsy and fucks some stuff up in the trenches.

SeaGriz

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Two 3-star commits today!

Postby SeaGriz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:31 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
SeaGriz wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
growler wrote:

We dont have the OL to make either of these guys elite RBs, it doesnt matter who we have in the backfield until the OL gets natsy and fucks some stuff up in the trenches.

Bummer for our RBs.

growler

Postby growler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:35 pm

SeaGriz wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
growler wrote:

Yes, Favors was recruited hard by NDSU, Weber, NAU, and the Griz. He was projected to be a stud RB, but as you know, many of these highly-regarded high school kids never pan out at the next level. That appears to be the case here.

#1GRIZ

Postby #1GRIZ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:29 pm

Stitt can really recruit, this has to be the best recruiting class we have ever had. That makes 3 in a row for Stitt, he can really recruit

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”