Growler loses a golfing buddy

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

Havgrizfan

Growler loses a golfing buddy

Postby Havgrizfan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Nolan Swett is no longer a coach at the University of Montana. There's some interesting things about this, and it makes me feel even better about Stitt.

grizfan95

Re: Growler loses a golfing buddy

Postby grizfan95 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Havgrizfan wrote:Nolan Swett is no longer a coach at the University of Montana. There's some interesting things about this, and it makes me feel even better about Stitt.

Care to share? Just don't know what you're referencing and I'm intrigued.
Legend of the Fall

HookedOnGriz

Postby HookedOnGriz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:11 pm

I second that care to share part. He was one of Stitt's guys. Heard he was kind of tough but didn't know if Stitt would move on from one of his own. If so it tells me a lot, too.

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Postby growler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Havgrizfan wrote:Nolan Swett is no longer a coach at the University of Montana. There's some interesting things about this, and it makes me feel even better about Stitt.

Nice job insinuating that there are "interesting things" about him leaving, but withholding that info. I am in Arizona, and had not heard that he was leaving.
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:44 pm

Huh...........I would have thought you got a text before his wife did?

:coffee:
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

growler

Postby growler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:47 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Huh...........I would have thought you got a text before his wife did?

Yeah, I feel cheated! You got an spare blow-up doll?

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:55 pm

growler wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Huh...........I would have thought you got a text before his wife did?

Yeah, I feel cheated! You got an spare blow-up doll?

Spare? I have dozens, with your hot air we could be thunder & lightning!
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

growler

Postby growler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:02 pm

Just visited esugar to read the predictable Sweet bashing, now that he is the enemy. I fucking hate two-faced homers who drool all over coaches or players when they are Grizzlies, then immediately turn on them if they depart.

grizpack

Postby grizpack » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:21 pm

That's ironical....

Havgrizfan

Postby Havgrizfan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:14 pm

growler wrote:Just visited esugar to read the predictable Sweet bashing, now that he is the enemy. I fucking hate two-faced homers who drool all over coaches or players when they are Grizzlies, then immediately turn on them if they depart.

You're assuming he CHOSE to depart. And secondly, no body is posting anything that isn't true. He was considered a HUGE hard-ass by every player on that team. When Chase Naccarato tweeted that he wasn't treated well, he was talking about Swett and everybody knew it. Swett's attitude was public knowledge. And I haven't seen anyone post that he's the enemy either.

growler

Postby growler » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:21 am

Awwww, was he a hard-ass? We don't want any hard-assed coaches hurting our boys, do we. After all, they are only 19-22 year old kids. Poor Chase. Maybe we should have a special room just off the locker room where our players can have a therapy dog and fresh-cut roses available to help them deal with a hard-assed coach.

Robgriz

Postby Robgriz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:43 am

growler wrote:Awwww, was he a hard-ass? We don't want any hard-assed coaches hurting our boys, do we. After all, they are only 19-22 year old kids. Poor Chase. Maybe we should have a special room just off the locker room where our players can have a therapy dog and fresh-cut roses available to help them deal with a hard-assed coach.

Hard ass is one thing. Belittling arrogant prick is another.

Raider

Postby Raider » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:54 am

Robgriz wrote:
growler wrote:Awwww, was he a hard-ass? We don't want any hard-assed coaches hurting our boys, do we. After all, they are only 19-22 year old kids. Poor Chase. Maybe we should have a special room just off the locker room where our players can have a therapy dog and fresh-cut roses available to help them deal with a hard-assed coach.

Hard ass is one thing. Belittling arrogant prick is another.

+1

This was a head scratcher for me. I talked to Nolan a number of times, and really liked him. In fact, he and I were put in a very, very awkward conversation with a mother right before a youth football camp this summer, and he handled it really well. Then I would hear things that were said (verbatim) to players and/or other coaches, and I was shocked.

Nolan is a bright and football savvy guy. He’s got a good future (in my opinion) if he grows up and learns how to communicate and motivate. Just my opinion.

grizindabox

Postby grizindabox » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:35 pm

He was also a factor in the DD departure.

Havgrizfan

Postby Havgrizfan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:21 pm

I was trying to be nice by using the term hard ass. It was much more than that. Everybody knows it. You can't have it both ways. You can't say it's OK for Swett to treat players like absolute garbage, even mocking them on their Twitter accounts, and then blast Stitt every time a kid leaves.

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”